Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine ECU update

Unaz

Is there anyway of knowing if an ECU needs update?

I've had starting issues for a while. Everything looks good from live data. All injectors have been replaced as well as scv and all 4 glow plugs. Relay tested and confirmed working. 

Car still struggles to start. Always bit of blue smoke at start and runs little rough.

Service is all upto date. New fuel filter.

I was wondering if there was problem with ECU?

Is there anyone who can check if there's an update available for my car?

Screenshot below for current calibration IDs. 

Car is 2010 Toyota verso 2.0 d4d (1AD-FTV) Euro 4. 

Can post vin number if required. 

Screenshot_2023-04-20-21-29-29-33_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

30F15200 is the latest recorded ECU version for your car and it is linked to several bulletins

EG-0111T-0910-EN - An oxygen (A/F) sensor malfunction is causing intermittently white smoke and/ or DTC P2237 - Needs software and new modified AF sensor 

EG-0167T-0311-EN - AD-08 engine: A broken diesel throttle body gear is causing an abnormal noise and DTC P0488 - Needs software and if TB is noisy a new TB

EG-0043T-0611 - Lack of power or DTC P2002 Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank1) = Needs Software and new modified Diesel fuel filter

5 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

30F15200 is the latest recorded ECU version for your car and it is linked to several bulletins

EG-0111T-0910-EN - An oxygen (A/F) sensor malfunction is causing intermittently white smoke and/ or DTC P2237 - Needs software and new modified AF sensor 

EG-0167T-0311-EN - AD-08 engine: A broken diesel throttle body gear is causing an abnormal noise and DTC P0488 - Needs software and if TB is noisy a new TB

EG-0043T-0611 - Lack of power or DTC P2002 Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank1) = Needs Software and new modified Diesel fuel filter

Thank you Devon Aygo. Helpful as always. I don't get any codes for some reason and throttle body seems to be working as it should. 1 thing I just confused myself, so if software is up to date, does that mean there's nothing software wise can be done? Car is remapped I believe for better economy. I'm wondering if that's a contributing factor. By doing ECU update does that wipe off ECU map? I'm thinking maybe it's best to just put everything back to stock and go from there. 

It's been absolutely headache this car lately. 

I noticed when glow plugs turned on they were only getting 10v. Potentially maybe there's short somewhere on glow plug circuit. Only other thing I have left to check is compression test. But I'm running out of ideas now. 

Otherwise it's nice comfortable car. 

Much loved for last 5 years. 

Is that 10v under load ?, what's the Battery voltage off and running, poor engine ground, check the strap

and do a voltage drop -  live on the Battery, Neutral on the engine

Yes 10v under load. Battery is no more than couple of years old. It's yuasa Battery with 5 year warranty (the better one). Reads between 12.4v to 12.6v after left for 30 minutes. With engine running if I go in to active test for alternator it gives me 0.3 volts less than selected value for test. 

I'll have to do voltage drop test like you mentioned. I'll report back.  

On 4/21/2023 at 8:16 PM, flash22 said:

Is that 10v under load ?, what's the battery voltage off and running, poor engine ground, check the strap

and do a voltage drop -  live on the battery, Neutral on the engine

I've done a voltage test and I found Voltage from Battery to engine to be within (0.1v drop) range.

I did however check continuity from Battery negative terminal to positive side of glow plugs and found I had continuity. I then tested positive side of Battery to positive side of glow plugs and found continuity too. I repeated test 5 minutes later and results were different. I had no continuity from positive or negative battery terminal to glow plug positive pole. I did have continuity from negative battery pole to engine side still as expected. I'm bit baffled. Could that be relay/ wiring buggered and shorts to ground?

The glow plugs are ecu controlled check your power to the relay - i will have a closer look tomorrow

do you have a single wire to the glow plugs or 4 wires ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links