Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v battery

ProfGlenn

Ok, i just went out to check and at the jump point shows 12.31v which is tbh very similar for the last 2-3 years. Then I decided to go to the boot and hook the charger directly to the Battery, measured voltage before charging began 12.18v. Then here are the pictures. It’s started at 12.3v and in few minutes went up to 12.7v.
Sorry I can’t do any better pics or videos as I need to walk with crouches and hold the phone and all the stuff . Now it’s gonna charge till the evening, I will keep an eye. 🔋👌

image.thumb.jpeg.cf6ed5cde2c16ef78b2e5911a7897f57.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.756752eae18fa6a19783919d130eda01.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.3c4803e928356c5670f6328be65c2b99.jpeg

• Like 2

Aye, I assumed that you'd be on crutches for a while Tony, I'm at the 10 year point with my THR now, and IIRC they told me that they last about 10 years.

If I need another, I'll specify a Toyota one 😉

Have you got staples in ? If so should be more comfortable when they come out.

I'm sure that the hospital have told you this, but it's easy to forget to keep your leg from bending in too sharp an angle until the muscle recovers a bit.

It's good that you can potter around a bit in the meantime.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Aye, I assumed that you'd be on crutches for a while Tony, I'm at the 10 year point with my THR now, and IIRC they told me that they last about 10 years.

If I need another, I'll specify a Toyota one 😉

Have you got staples in ? If so should be more comfortable when they come out.

I'm sure that the hospital have told you this, but it's easy to forget to keep your leg from bending in too sharp an angle until the muscle recovers a bit.

It's good that you can potter around a bit in the meantime.

Thanks Paul, 

all good so far. Yes I comply with all notes and try not to overload the new parts 😂, car parts are easier to change than human ones 👍 

I just went out to see the Battery but it seems it’s charging very slow at 0.8A, so switched to fast charge at 5.0A. Hopefully soon will be topped up and will repeat again next week. My Aldi charger came handy long after I had it. 

• Like 2

After 3.5hrs I couldn’t wait anymore and turned off the charger. Display was showing 13.3v charging voltage. Then I measured the Battery terminals and I see 12.75v. Tomorrow will set it up earlier and let it charge slowly at 0.8A for the whole day. I think this is much better than 30 min ready mode. 

• Like 2

My Battery charge is now completed. From 9:30 this morning on slow 0.8A charge until 13:00. Charger display shows 13V and all solid Battery icon and all bars full. Then after 10 min around the car playing with acc on and off to open and close windows to set cables away and before I lock everything I measured again and shows 12.6V , I think Battery is now in healthy condition and can stay on standby for another two weeks. 👍

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 2:55 PM, TonyHSD said:

My battery charge is now completed. From 9:30 this morning on slow 0.8A charge until 13:00. Charger display shows 13V and all solid battery icon and all bars full. Then after 10 min around the car playing with acc on and off to open and close windows to set cables away and before I lock everything I measured again and shows 12.6V , I think battery is now in healthy condition and can stay on standby for another two weeks. 👍

seems your Battery is still quite good if the 12.6v is real OCV with no surface charge, it's interesting to see how much of the voltage drops daily after full charge.

1 hour ago, Davidhee58 said:

seems your battery is still quite good if the 12.6v is real OCV with no surface charge, it's interesting to see how much of the voltage drops daily after full charge.

I can check that after some days as I didn’t put back the interior cards and I have access to the Battery. I unlock and locked the car almost every day as I always find something to take from or bring into it, perhaps I missed my driving a lot. Just installed a new sun shades on the front side windows, checked Battery shows 12.4v , two days since was fully charged. Two weeks since I had stopped driving. Next weekend or before that will check again, perhaps start the car and see what is the charge of the hybrid Battery, it was well topped before. 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links