Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius low seating

ne14nee

Does anyone know of any way to higher the seating on 2021 Prius excel. Both myself and my wife have difficulty getting in and out these days

9 hours ago, ne14nee said:

Does anyone know of any way to higher the seating on 2021 Prius excel. Both myself and my wife have difficulty getting in and out these days

Hi Nick, 

The later version of the Prius certainly has much lower front seating than previous models. I guess it’s to lower the centre of gravity of the car making for better road holding, especially when cornering but it is something I noticed that was different to my previous Prius. The Excel version allows the driver to raise the seat, in fact I have mine set to maximum height because I’m not a tall person. If you want to raise the height of the seats I would certainly discuss the possibility with your Toyota dealer since doing so might change the geometry & handling of the car. That said there may be a way you could get them raised, which they know about. 

• Like 1

There is no optimal to increase seat height other than usual seat adjustment. As mention earlier it’s the later platform tnga that has lower centre of gravity. 
Prius plus are better cars for people with difficult mobility or Yaris cross, or rav4. I agree older gen3 Prius and Auris gen1 are easier to get in and out and have higher seats. 

That does seem to be one of the compromises in the newer ones - Where the old ones had seats you just slid into easily, the new ones are more like you fall into the seat, except for the Cross versions.

As for boosting seat height, I always just had a cushion for when my mum's ridden in any of my cars.

• Like 1

And people seems to like the cross versions more. Almost all manufacturers are stopping production of normal hatchbacks and switch to cross versions. Nissan, ford, and pergola more. 

• Sad 1

I know, it makes me so sad!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Nissan, ford, and pergola more

Presumably Peugeot - but they may be better at making pergolas ......

• Like 1

I read MPV are making return in near future and I believe these are in between standard cars and suv but offer the most internal space , easy access in and out while can remain relatively small external dimensions. For example Prius plus was a great car, Corolla verso, Yaris verso those were excellent choices for family and business. Now ford will offer a new family car a tourneo connect that should replace fiesta and focus as entry level family car. 
In connection with OP question I wonder if Corolla Trek offers better access as it’s 20mm higher than the standard Corolla TS? I only seen these from outside and never had a chance to try one myself. To me looks like really good car especially for people with difficulties.