Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weird keyless entry “problem”

Pete.Z

I have a bit of a weird thing going with the keyless entry, rear works, passenger side works, but drivers side only works sometimes. Closing works o.k., but opening the driver side door gives a problem, but only when using the keyless entry. The remote unlocks it just fine, and i can also hear the latch reacting/click when I touch the door handle.

Again, closing works perfect, so the sensor in the handle is ok I guess, but for some reason keyless unlocking most of the times does not work for the drivers door. I cannnot see why the remote unlocks, but keyless not, it’s the same lock after all?

I lubricated and cleaned the latch, btw, but that did not help.

It's possible the door antenna, i would pop the door card off and check the linkages and cables the red rocker may be sticking

But if it’s sticky, it should always be, right? The remote works flawless. Wil definitely get the door card out if it stays this way to check everything.

I’m a mechanic by trade, so not affraid to pull things apart, and I have the tools to do so. 😀

I think I understand the working incorrect, touching the handle only locks the door…..oops. 🤪

our Auris works the same, just pull handle and it opens, push button and it closes….no problem here…..

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links