Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ffffffffffffff

Cyker

Not even 2 years old and I've been rear-ended by a van! :cry:

The rear bumper is not in great shape and, although the crash bar seems okay, part of the van must have gone over the top as it's pushed in the boot and it won't latch any more. Remote won't lock the car because it sense the boot's not latched, but at least I can lock the doors with the physical key. Disconnected the boot light to try and stop it running down the 12v Battery...

Currently going through the claims process with Adrian Flux, but discovered they use Vizion Repair Network as their repairer... I have not heard good things about this repair company... :unsure:

DSC_0049.cropped.jpg

DSC_0052.JPG

• Confused 1
  • Sad 13

Cyker, Sorry to here this has happened trust you are not hurt, no doubt a white van man perhaps. You are right about Vizion as it is a network repairer that does not have great reviews. However you have the right to have the car repaired to the standard required. Should there be a problem address this with Adrian Flux and let them sort any issues out.

Let us know hoe the repair goes.👍

• Like 2

Thanks all, will keep you posted...

Has anyone had any experience with AdrianFlux's approved repairers?

I've been reading up on them and it doesn't inspire confidence, but there aren't really any other repairers here I'd expect to be any better, aside from maybe the dealer.

• Like 1

Some insurers charge an additional excess if their approved repairers aren't used - check your policy.

• Like 2

That does seem to be the case, and supposedly I also won't get a courtesy car if I don't use their repairer, although I'd query that because I paid extra for a guaranteed courtesy car...

• Like 1

I wasn’t very impressed with AF.  I went through all that PITA form and then it said phone for a price.  Why do that?   My phone never stops ringing with junk and they are harvesting details.  

• Like 2

What a ****@# nuisance for you Cyker.

Was this in central London?

And van driver, not looking at the road in front?

I hope the driver didn't default into large river in Egypt mode, bumping into another car does funny things to some (most) people's thought process.

I remember last time I got bumped from behind the first thing the driver said was "I thought you'd gone"

Very twisted logic there.

• Like 3

Ah that sucks, sorry to see that.

Looking more at the pictures, that's not a low speed bump, some pillock has hit that at some speed.

• Like 1

Hard luck ;(

Another car bumped into the side of my car a number of years ago. AF use a different outfit to yours then, cannot recall the name atm, in Dagenham. Got 4k for whiplash injury. 

• Like 2

You can choose the repair shop. As it was the other driver's fault, no deductible can be applied and you still have right to a courtesy car, for the entire period of the repair.

• Like 2

The main thing is you walked away.  👍

• Like 3

Thanks all, your support is very appreciated! :smile: 

2 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Ah that sucks, sorry to see that.

Looking more at the pictures, that's not a low speed bump, some pillock has hit that at some speed.

Would you believe that was only maybe a 5mph collision?

What happened was, I stopped at a Zebra crossing to let some pedestrians cross, not even a mile from my house, and the van stopped behind me, then suddenly lurched into the back of me as the pedestrians started crossing and it punted me forward enough to make them all jump back.

Then they carried on crossing while I started to get out of the car (I was slightly miffed nobody even paused to check if everyone was okay - It's a good thing I didn't need any witnesses as they all legged it!)

The van driver was very apologetic, said he had stopped but his foot slipped off the brake pedal and he didn't jump back on it in time. We moved to a side road to assess damage and swap details, take pictures etc. and he did help me try and get the boot to shut at least, but to no avail.

I'm still amazed how hard a shunt that was given it was from a stand-still; I reckon I'm going to feel it in the back tomorrow...!

In better news, Vizion doesn't seem to actually repair the cars, and they've assigned me to a local bodyshop which has a much better reputation than they do, and I know of them as I'd used them once years ago on my Fiesta to repair a dented door and they seemed okay. I just finished a call with the very well-mannered reception lady and they're going to do a swaparoo with the courtesy car on Monday (Only an Aygo or normal Yaris alas, so no GR for me! :laugh: It's going to be weird driving a manual again!!)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear that Cyker, luckily cars can be replaced humans can’t, thankfully he had insurance so your no claims shouldn’t suffer.

• Like 1

Ah good at least you are not hurt and cars can be fixed.

• Like 1

They couldn't get a Yaris hybrid courtesy car for me, so I asked for an auto diesel as that doesn't cost too much difference in fuel bill, gave an i30. 

• Like 2

Sorry you going through all the hassle when it’s not your fault. I would imagine your beady eyes will be going over the repair to ensure jobs done well.

• Haha 1

Ugh, I really hate this when this happens.

At least you are not injured, but is such a pain to go through in so many ways.

My wife had a car hit her at 30mph when she was stationary in May 22. It wrote her car off and she has ended up with PTSD from it and all sorts of other problems.

It’s still all going through insurers, but I don’t think she will ever be the same again. 

Hope you feel okay tomorrow and the repair goes to plan. 🤞

• Sad 1

I think mainly it's just the rear bumper that'll need replacing (It's just one big piece from what I can tell.), but the tricky bit will be the top edge of the boot that's been stoved in slightly. Hopefully it can be straightened out and they won't need to cut it out and replace it.

I suspect they'll re-use the sensors.

I've been trying to see what bit is bent to stop the boot latching, but it's very subtle; I thought there'd be a more obvious crease in the boot area but with all the bends already in it it's hard to tell. Apparently I'm not as good at spotting damaged things as I'd like!! :laugh: 

The latch goes into the hook slot when it shuts so it must only be out by a cm or so!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pumatron said:

Ugh, I really hate this when this happens.

At least you are not injured, but is such a pain to go through in so many ways.

My wife had a car hit her at 30mph when she was stationary in May 22. It wrote her car off and she has ended up with PTSD from it and all sorts of other problems.

It’s still all going through insurers, but I don’t think she will ever be the same again. 

Hope you feel okay tomorrow and the repair goes to plan. 🤞

Ugh that's horrible :sad: 

I hope she wasn't injured, but I can understand the feeling - It can take a while to get over that; I'm still a bit shaky myself and it's not the worst collision I've been in (Although probably the most expensive to repair so far!).

Just keep supporting her and make sure she keeps hanging out with her friends and it'll help to get over it.

Thanks for the well wishes, and I hope your missus feels better too!

• Like 1

Just add to what everyone else has said - glad you're OK, cars can be repaired, humans are self-repairing but only in a limited way

• Like 1

Yes I’m with everyone else, glad you’re ok shame about the car, just make sure you don’t suffer any after effects of the accident, things can take a few days to come out, be sure to get yourself checked out if you notice/feel anything…

• Like 2

terrible.  Glad you're not injured Cyker but get yourself checked by a doctor for any strain or whiplash.  Hopefully nothing though if the speed was low.

Whereabouts are you based?  If you're near to NW London my friend has a bodyshop and does a lot of accident repairs to a good standard.  Dont use their repair shop if you're not happy with them, definitely use a preferred or recommended one.

• Like 1

Really sorry that happened to you. Most important you are alright and the car you will get it fixed. If not happy with the insurance repair shop you can choose another one but I believe coast a bit extra. If me I may ask an official dealer to fix it to highest standards possible. Wish you good luck. We are all with  you 👍

• Like 2

Thanks all; Back is a touch achy but the last few times this has happened it's gone after a day or two. Thankfully no neck soreness!!

Thanks for the offer @corradovr6 - Fortunately the repairer they've referred me to has one of the better reputations so I'm less worried than I was before!

I just hope it is repairable as I had a deeper look and the boot area is stoved in more than I thought - I couldn't get the boot floor cover out to look in the spare wheel-well as it's been jammed in hard...!

It seems the back of the Mk4 is a lot softer than the Mk1's - My Mk1 took a much bigger hit and just bent the bumper in a little, but destroyed the front of the car behind!! Although to be fair that was a Punto and not a van!!

• Like 2