Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Service Plan

Raj Bhuva

Hi All,

Is the Toyota service plan worth it?

Can the service be carried out in any Toyota garage in the UK?

Thanks

Raj.

• Like 2

Depends how you view worth.

A service plan enables one to pay monthly and it fixes the cost of servicing for the duration of the plan.

• Like 2

Plus a service plan is interest free.

You can use any Toyota main dealer.

One thing to be weary about with the service plan, some dealers have their own service plan rather than the national plan.

This means if you use a dealer that has their own service plan and network you are stuck using their own dealer network and can't use the national dealers.

So if you move away during the service plan term you either have to go back to the dealer or cancel it. Changing it to the national service plan doesn't seem to be possible (or I have been fobbed off to keep my business)

• Like 3

My two year service plan with the dealer finishes this month, but don't think I'll renew it.

Main reason is I don't want to be tied to the dealer for the next two or three years.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Raj Bhuva said:

Hi All,

Is the Toyota service plan worth it?

Can the service be carried out in any Toyota garage in the UK?

Thanks

Raj.

Do the sums. You can find out and cost what services are due in the plan period, also mot's if they're included. Normally service plans work out cheaper and spread the cost. Depends whether you prefer it that way really.

• Like 1

I have a service plan that can be used Nationally. It also ties in the service prices to those that were in effect when the plan was taken out. When I had my 2020  C-HR, I took out a service plan. The prices of the service went up, yet I still got my service done at the old price.

With my new C-HR, I have a service plan. This includes two years of Toyota breakdown cover as well as the services and MOT.

• Like 1

Bob, with the new C-HR is it still worthwhile given that you won't need an mot for three years and don't you get free breakdown cover for a while anyway?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fred88 said:

Bob, with the new C-HR is it still worthwhile given that you won't need an mot for three years and don't you get free breakdown cover for a while anyway?

Depends on the duration of the service plan - presumably it is for five years given it includes two MOTs. 

One gets 1 year breakdown assistance with a new Toyota.

• Like 2

The one I was offered by Toyota was 2 years and it included mots that wouldn't be taken up. The reason I didn't take it up was that it had just had its one year service prior to purchase, I get a years free breakdown and the included mot's were of no value. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fred88 said:

The one I was offered by Toyota was 2 years and it included mots that wouldn't be taken up. The reason I didn't take it up was that it had just had its one year service prior to purchase, I get a years free breakdown and the included mot's were of no value. 

Well you could have asked for the MOTs to be deleted from the plan - what is offered under a service plan isn't fixed and they can be tailored to suit needs.

• Like 2

The dealer service plan I have at the moment was two years, ie first two services at the dealer, £25 per month for 24months.

I don't think it actually saves much on the cost and ties you to the dealer.

20 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

The dealer service plan I have at the moment was two years, ie first two services at the dealer, £25 per month for 24months.

I don't think it actually saves much on the cost and ties you to the dealer.

Would have thought for 1 major and 1 minor service that is a bit steep. Nothing else in the deal?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fred88 said:

I get one year free breakdown with the purchase of the car, and my service plan gives me another two years. As part of my deal when I bought the car, I got a free service. The service plan gives me three services, one MOT and two years breakdown cover (three years in total which was confirmed when I took the service plan). This essentially covers me for four years with services, and three years with breakdown cover.

With the service plan on my last C-HR (now cancelled) I also got a 10% discount on parts and accessories and free fitting on wipers from my dealer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Would have thought for 1 major and 1 minor service that is a bit steep. Nothing else in the deal?

Hi Joe, yes that's what I was thinking, and nothing else in the deal, was just first two services ☹️

• Like 1

Fully understand not everyone can or wants to diy their car , I’ve done mine this afternoon and enjoyed it for £50 using quality parts taking my time took me 80 minutes from opening shed to putting gear away . 3 filters and oil 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

Hi Joe, yes that's what I was thinking, and nothing else in the deal, was just first two services ☹️

Intermediate service is £240 and a full service is £370 (as per the Toyota website). This comes to £610 so £25 per month for 24 months is about right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Eddiefh said:

Fully understand not everyone can or wants to diy their car , I’ve done mine this afternoon and enjoyed it for £50 using quality parts taking my time took me 80 minutes from opening shed to putting gear away . 3 filters and oil 

Hi Eddie, I'm a bit apprehensive to service my two year old RAV4 Hybrid myself, what with software downloads, hybrid health checks, etc 😀

Still happy to service my 36 year old Golf GTi  myself 👍

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Big_D said:

Intermediate service is £240 and a full service is £370 (as per the Toyota website). This comes to £610 so £25 per month for 24 months is about right.

Hi Bob, I'm sure the first service, intermediate was £190 when I checked last year.

• Like 1

I got the prices off the Toyota website. O know prices went up during the course of the last year, as I did save money on my previous service plan

service_prices.JPG

• Like 2

I took out a service plan after I’d had the car for one year. Within 3 months the service costs went up so I’ve done okay. I didn’t include the mot cost because that was two services away.

If in doubt, do the maths (or math if in the US😏)

• Like 3

I must be honest, I'm happy with my service plan.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 8:56 PM, Big_D said:

Prices seem to have increased a lot. So £25 pm for 24 months = £600 seems ok, and if price increase protected.

• Like 3

I've got a service plan for my 2014 Auris and am very happy with it. I like the peace of mind of the Warranty being extended, up to 10 years / 100,000miles. In fact, if I get it serviced the day before the 10th anniversary of its first registration, (20th September 2014), I get Warranty for a furthur year, so technically you can stretch the Warranty to 11 years, less 1 day (provided mileage stays under 100, 000, which mine will).  Also, because I've got a service plan, my dealer gives 10% off anything else I get from them, I had 10% knocked off when I had my dash cams fitted.

• Like 1

Hi Mark, I didn't realise that you needed the service plan to get the years warranty ?

I thought the service gave you the years warranty ?