Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is this...and why?!

SB1500

Is this protective cover on every Avensis T27 since 2009, or just the facelift with BMW engine? 

It's really annoying how it self destructs. And the more you touch it / try to clean it up, every little tap pops a mini-explosion of more yellow debris! 

Is this easily replaceable?  

Anybody found a DIY solution, if I were to replace this, to prevent it from peeling open assumably from the heat? 

I want to staple it, but staples might not handle the heat safely? 

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 20.41.58.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SB1500 said:

Is this protective cover on every Avensis T27 since 2009, or just the facelift with BMW engine? 

It's really annoying how it self destructs. And the more you touch it / try to clean it up, every little tap pops a mini-explosion of more yellow debris! 

Is this easily replaceable?  

Anybody found a DIY solution, if I were to replace this, to prevent it from peeling open assumably from the heat? 

I want to staple it, but staples might not handle the heat safely? 

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 20.41.58.png

my last toyota 1ADFTV  dont have that thing not sure what it is is it even plastic

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 9:53 PM, 2009joe said:

my last toyota 1ADFTV  dont have that thing not sure what it is is it even plastic

Must be a 1WW / 2WW thing.  It's a heat shield of some sort. But every Avensis I see with this it's crumbled apart. More a mess, but someday it will sag and presumably no longer do whatever its job is. I might chance my arm and see if it can be fixed under warranty before August is up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SB1500 said:

Must be a 1WW / 2WW thing.  It's a heat shield of some sort. But every Avensis I see with this it's crumbled apart. More a mess, but someday it will sag and presumably no longer do whatever its job is. I might chance my arm and see if it can be fixed under warranty before August is up.

boss fix everything dude as much as you can even annoying rattles and squeaks 

58 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

boss fix everything dude as much as you can even annoying rattles and squeaks 

There are no rattles or squeaks on this car, pure Toyota body and trim wise.  

I found out today this is a metal lined heat shield, and it's £131 to replace from Toyota (part only). It's a lot farther back than it looks and I think it protects the inside of the car / windscreen part of the cabin from the rising heat from the diesel engine

• Like 1