Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Data no longer recording on app

Flatcoat

20 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Would like that on the RAV 4 , hopefully in the near future. Can you lock it remotely?

I can't lock mine remotely Colin, maybe an extra facility that you need to pay for?

• Thanks 1

Remote lock and unlock would be great via the App. I'm pretty sure they have that feature in the USA on the R4Ps.

• Like 2

Having owned a Jaguar before the RAV4 the “app” and it’s features are somewhat lacking, as well as the usual features, journey recording fuel economy etc. it had remote start with desired Climate control (warm up in colder weather cool down in warmer weather) remote locking / unlocking, remote closure of windows, sunroof, and numerous other features that I can’t recall at the moment.

There was an annual charge for it, but to be honest I didn’t mind as it was so good and useful plus it never went offline once while I owned it.

I’m not sure that I would pay for the “My Toyota” app as it stands, it’s just not reliable or good enough.

IMG_4183.png

• Like 2

The only thing I can find wrong with my  phone that maybe stopping MyT working is a new softwear release this type of problem I have encounted with over versions of IOS before I have installed them.

Since installing pending Apple update IOS 16.5 MyT is working again or that is for the last 4 trips.

I have the MyT app running on my Android phone, two different makes over the period of car ownership, and also on a iPad Pro. During the two years the MyT has been regularly out of 'service', missing trips, unavailable etc., for one reason or another and if it's off the phone then it's also off the iPAD. I don't think it's anything to do with the OS on the reporting device more likely coincidence. 

The app would need to be much more reliable and better features for me to part with any money.  I think this is especially true for owners who would have liked to use the 'business trip' annotations but are unable to do so due to the poor up time and unreliable trip recording.

• Like 2

Below is the list of MyT available app features for the PHEV which are listed when I logged in to My-Toyota account via the website. Note that toyota check Door Lock/Unlock and toyota check Spot My Car are listed. As per the comment at the bottom..."Features shown applicable to new production vehicles only. Activate MyT for your vehicle to see compatible features or contact your local dealer for more details."

Assume that means those functions are available to 2023 MY only. Hoping they will come to my 2022 MY too.

FireShot Capture 084 - MyT App & Connected Services.png

Well I'd be pleased for those owners who have the '23 models to get the 'new' features but very sad that they are not looking likely to be available to those of of us with earlier '21 onwards models. My understanding is that these features have been available in the US/Canada, so why not the UK?  

• Like 1