Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Denso parking sensor

amazighman

Hi 

I have a Yaris verso 2003 fitted with Denso rear parking sensors , unfortunately these don't work and beep all the time.

Parking sensor is 188200-3581 , am unable to locate  any , anyone knows an alternative part number , sadly can't fit after market ones coz bumper holes are 25mm 

Thanks 

That is a common Toyota part, so i would think it's a factory/dealer fit option back then

11/2002 is the change over date, there are 2 kits old style and new style the old type is 2 sensors the newer one is 4 sensors

looking at the Denso part number, it's the early type

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{47414C82-642C-4336-8021-67FFFBA07D7E}/eaumc15.pdf

The Part has been discontinued

44 minutes ago, flash22 said:

That is a common Toyota part, so i would think it's a factory/dealer fit option back then

11/2002 is the change over date, there are 2 kits old style and new style the old type is 2 sensors the newer one is 4 sensors

looking at the Denso part number, it's the early type

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{47414C82-642C-4336-8021-67FFFBA07D7E}/eaumc15.pdf

The Part has been discontinued

Thanks for that 

I guess it Will be hard to find new ones.

Managed to find new aftermarket ones from China. They look very similar with same plug , however they are different part number.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254950441781?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=JHfLV_osQ5O&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=obfnkgk9R0G&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Would these work?

Thanks 

It looks correct, PZ362-00208- is the Toyota part number whereas 188200-3581 is the Denso part number (Denso are the OE supplier)

Ok. Thanks Flash. i might order some.

Regards 

Before you order any, have you tried the old WD40 repair?

Unfortunately two of the sensors are in poor state all cracked and water got in

I saw a video on replacing the sensors, it seems that unplugging any non-working ones may bring the unit back to a working state. Remember that the unplugged sensors will cause gaps in the units coverage, so be extra careful using it for guidance in that condition. Also, that was on an aftermarket parking unit, so it may not be the same for the factory fitted one. It may at least help to stop the constant beep when in reverse gear.

Thanks Paul.

I will do that , at least stop the annoying beep  .

Just hoping the control unit in the boot is fine

1 hour ago, paul9 said:

I saw a video on replacing the sensors, it seems that unplugging any non-working ones may bring the unit back to a working state. Remember that the unplugged sensors will cause gaps in the units coverage, so be extra careful using it for guidance in that condition. Also, that was on an aftermarket parking unit, so it may not be the same for the factory fitted one. It may at least help to stop the constant beep when in reverse gear.

I did this when the wife's IQ had one faulty sensor and it was still perfectly usable..

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Today the parking sensors arrived from China so I fitted two of them without improvement , still the buggers keep beeping randomly.

I noticed that the middle sensors currently fitted on the car are larger that the ones on the corners and have a different part number Denso 188200-3600

A quick search reveals that my two middle Denso sensors are actually called Corner sensors by Toyota.

Could it be that someone by mistake fittled the corner sensors in the middle and the  central ones in the corners of the bumper?

Would that affect the way the system works?

Thanks 

That's odd the early kit has only the 2 corner sensors, if you have 4 sensors it's the later kit these use the newer type sensors PZ464-00420 all 4 are the same sensor, unless it has an avensis verso or corolla verso kit on it

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{20B27F42-6740-4912-B2CF-7BA61D9F958E}/TPA 400 AIM 000 097-0 PZ464-D0420-00.pdf

I have two big sensors ( supposedly corner sensors ) in the middle and 2 smaller sensor on the bumper corners.

i would find the control box and see what part number is on it