Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sports Seats

qwertyuiop

SPORTS SEATS

Few questions:

Anyone have a rough price range? (1st or 2nd hand)

Are they worth it?

Comfort? (if any)

I've seen a few, and they look decent, wondering whether to go with leather (GTi), or just a cheaper one and replace seats.

What do you mean by sports seats ??

I have a set of Sparco Torino 2 seats. Cost me about £750ish for them, then another £350 to get brackets etc fabricated for them.

Are they worth it ?? Well you spend that sorta money on other things I suppose, but they do look the nads ! Comfy ??.... Yip, I like them anyway.

I think the standard seats are quite sporty looking and comfy. Sorry I would never spend a grand on sports seats :blink:

standard seats are comfortable enough, so rather than go for new recaro type seats that would mess with the ride height and make me have to change the mounting frames etc. i went for the easy and effective option of retrimming my seats for £300.

here is the result... im happy with them :)

suedeinterior.jpg

I was thinking about a re-trim... happy with me sparcos tho.

You should be happy after spending a grand on them! :lol:

yeah, the reason why i stuck to standard seats was because on a previous car i replaced the seats and it completely screwed up the ride height, feel, comfort and everything of the car and after that i decided that i would always opt for a retrim as a first option. saves a lot of bother if you are not satisfied with the replacement seats :(

my seats are the same height etc. They use the original frames, hence alot of work went into the install and that's why it cost a fair bit !

I think the standard seats are quite sporty looking and comfy. Sorry I would never spend a grand on sports seats :blink:

Too right!!! Nice seats, but I'd never spend a grand on them. Think of the beer I could buy with that! :eek:

Thanks for the replys, I am more curious at the moment - I like what shaf has done.

Jim, haven't you got racing belts, are they like 3 piece? (No hard braking whilst wearing them?)

Hey I'm with ya on spendin the grand on seats..I'll be puttin more then that into them hopefully soon.. Why stay stock when you can have the look of race seats.. I was lookin at the white ones on this link. Cobra Racing Seats

But don't get me wrong. The stock ones look good but white seats in a black car I think would look amazing. :drool:

Thanks for the replys, I am more curious at the moment - I like what shaf has done.

Jim, haven't you got racing belts, are they like 3 piece? (No hard braking whilst wearing them?)

4point racing harness ... and why no hard breaking ?? I've got steel plates etc put in to re-inforce the firewall .... :)

yeah mate... £750 for the seats.. then £350 for fitting.

Had to get the frames off the old seats, new bits fabricated by a metal machinist, painted, put in place etc. Alot of work went into getting them fitted.

Bear in mind they can still slide back and forth like stock seats. If I just had them stationary they prob would have cost alot less.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links