Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Side Steps for 2023 RAV4

lightboxcar

Our dealer is quoting about £600 for side steps for our new RAV4, an guessing these are proper Toyota ones with 'RAV4' logo etc.

We've never had a vehicle with side steps before, are they a good thing and is the price reasonable ?

Thanks for any advice.

• Like 2

The price is perfectly reasonable. A good thing? - well it depends on what you want ... my first RAV had side steps; second and third haven't.

They do look stylish (to me) and they function as 'full length' mud flaps reducing the amount of muck that gets spread up the side of the car.

They are no help at all getting into or out of the car nor for those of us of shorter stature in reaching the roof - they are simply set too far in 'under' the car. And they are very effective in transferring the muck they collect onto one's trouser legs - if you are tall enough to step over them easily you don't need them in the first place.

Very pretty though ... 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you very much Philip.

The main reason we considered them was for help in reaching the roof !

So we will give them a miss.

I use an old caravan step stool to clean or reach the roof, just enough to give me the extra height.

That looks like it would do the job and be stable. OK if you’ve got somewhere to store it when not in use. Frankly mine gets used for all sorts of things including a useful saw support and accessing some high shelves in the garage.

On 5/27/2023 at 4:47 PM, ernieb said:

I use an old caravan step stool to clean or reach the roof, just enough to give me the extra height.

Same here 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links