Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth streaming from iPhone

Mike Keeling

Hi All

A quick question. The  2011 Avensis 2.2 DCat I bought (not yet with me, to be delivered Thursday) has the central console shown below. I know it allows phone connection via bluetooth for hands free calls, but does it also allow music streaming from an iPhone? I didn't ask at the time because I'm as thick as mince.

image.thumb.jpeg.53de0f0767d50d68c66993226c4dfbf2.jpeg

mine works fine with Samsung, when the car is on, the music starts automatically, and this is awesome !!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, avensis_2018 said:

mine works fine with samsung, when the car is on, the music starts automatically, and this is awesome !!!

Yours is 2018, so I hope it'll work like that in a 2011 model!

Works perfectly - thanks all!

• Like 1

I could not answer since I have a basic head unit without navigation, W53828. It does have bluetooth for phone calls, and depending on the phone, navigation direction commands, but no support for multi media streaming. I added a Bluetooth/USB adapter via the CD changer port at the rear of the unit, that covers all bases. My car is one of the early models, and as Toyota did upgrades and facelifts to later models, the extra functions were added. 
Toyota have been a little behind the times, but there have ways to catch up and add more functionality. 

The best way to find out what function are available is to check the manual or try.

Perhaps a list all the stereo unit fitted to the Avensis T27 and what they have, should be made available.

The basic CD radio first fitted to the T2 has no bluetooth nor USB, but may have a CD changer port, so an adapter can be plugged in, giving full bluetooth and USB. All controlled via the steering wheel. There is an AUX socket for external sources.

The TR fitted with the handsfree CD radio unit the W53828 also has CD changer port. As I mentioned above there is no Bluetooth streaming support. There is a basic AUX socket in the middle storage console. 

Later basic basic radio CD gained USB socket, and the Bluetooth should now stream, but needs clarification.

The TN510 navigation unit has Bluetooth streaming and USB, as confirmed from a 2009 brochure I have stored in my archive. 
The B9012 navigation unit has Bluetooth streaming, as confirmed by the OP. 

It is safe to say that all multimedia units including the non-nav in later 2011 on cars (first facelift) with Bluetooth, have streaming. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I could not answer since I have a basic head unit without navigation, W53828. It does have Bluetooth for phone calls, and depending on the phone, navigation direction commands, but no support for multi media streaming. I added a Bluetooth/USB adapter via the CD changer port at the rear of the unit, that covers all bases. My car is one of the early models, and as Toyota did upgrades and facelifts to later models, the extra functions were added. 
Toyota have been a little behind the times, but there have ways to catch up and add more functionality. 

The best way to find out what function are available is to check the manual or try.

Perhaps a list all the stereo unit fitted to the Avensis T27 and what they have, should be made available.

The basic CD radio first fitted to the T2 has no Bluetooth nor USB, but may have a CD changer port, so an adapter can be plugged in, giving full Bluetooth and USB. All controlled via the steering wheel. There is an AUX socket for external sources.

The TR fitted with the handsfree CD radio unit the W53828 also has CD changer port. As I mentioned above there is no Bluetooth streaming support. There is a basic AUX socket in the middle storage console. 

Later basic basic radio CD gained USB socket, and the Bluetooth should now stream, but needs clarification.

The TN510 navigation unit has Bluetooth streaming and USB, as confirmed from a 2009 brochure I have stored in my archive. 
The B9012 navigation unit has Bluetooth streaming, as confirmed by the OP. 

It is safe to say that all multimedia units including the non-nav in later 2011 on cars (first facelift) with Bluetooth, have streaming. 

It's really good - once I set up my phone, the bluetooth connects and starts streaming whatever I currently have playing, either 6 music on the BBC app or Spotify. Love it.

The car has a premium sound system fitted, a real upgrade over the basic 6-speaker setup and is fantastic quality.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links