Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app updates, issues, etc ..........

omglol

When I installed the new app back in March I just logged out of the car head unit and when I logged back in it gave me the QR code. For a while I had both apps running at the same time but eventually the old one stopped working. 

• Like 1

Good news on the App trip front.  I had an update from Toyota to say they were getting trips sorted from 1st June. 

Today 2 trips. Returned home just over an hour ago, both trips recorded 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Good news on the App trip front.  I had an update from Toyota to say they were getting trips sorted from 1st June. 

Well looking at my app now no trips are available, which has changed since this morning. However, I’m more concerned at the moment that not receiving any info on the map via the smart connection service. Not only has the speed limit info disappeared but also the speed cam warnings and roadwork data. I’ve checked that everything that should be activated and turned on is enabled, but still nothing. 

On the speed cam warnings I discovered, digging deeper into the menus, the fixed cameras were set off though mobiles were on. 

I suspect that might have happened with the software update. 

On speed limits, prior to the update I only got the speed limit in a Specs zone.  Now it displays the limit. 

In practice I use Android Auto for preference. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

On the speed cam warnings I discovered, digging deeper into the menus, the fixed cameras were set off though mobiles were on. 

I suspect that might have happened with the software update. 

On speed limits, prior to the update I only got the speed limit in a Specs zone.  Now it displays the limit. 

In practice I use Android Auto for preference. 

It’s boiling my pee now. Earlier this week it was displaying road works all over my local area. This evening I’ve driven through three of them and no indication via the map.

Regarding the cams I’ve dug as far as I can go and everything is set to ‘on’. My dealer says if the camera is actually active then the software now won’t pick it up. I feel a bit fobbed off with that explanation. I’m certainly not going to test his theory against the camera just down the road from me. Apart from which it would be poor form to make changes like that without informing users.

I have noted this month the app is working /loading/downloading info a lot faster than normal & I have not changed or updated any app or changed any settings.

18 minutes ago, Chadders47 said:

My dealer says if the camera is actually active then the software now won’t pick it up.

That should be “if the camera is not actually active the software now won’t pick it up”. 

1 hour ago, Chadders47 said:

That should be “if the camera is not actually active the software now won’t pick it up”. 

I presume he means if camara is in use new software wont download and install a new updated version it probably just wait until car is parked up then continue.

9 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Having installed the new app, and coincidentally losing my live road info, I took the car for a short trip yesterday evening, no more than four miles. On returning I found that the app reported the journey with the little map showing the correct route. However the details tell me that my trip was 364 miles long and took me 15 hours 53 minutes. And for good measure it’s showing the trip 4 times, complete with 4 maps, in the app. Go figure!

For me, yesterday’s trips no longer show the ‘ev/non ev’ breakdown, neither on the map or in the data.

”%ev driven” is also missing.

Since the most recent updates I have noticed that the vehicle is failing to record journeys particularly longer one’s. I have also noticed that I can’t connect to the car via the app in locations that I regularly park and it shows that the car is not locked but clearly is as it’s in my line of vision I’ve never had a problem before at these locations in past 12months since I’ve had the car other than since most recent update.

46 minutes ago, Marmitek said:

Since the most recent updates I have noticed that the vehicle is failing to record journeys particularly longer one’s. I have also noticed that I can’t connect to the car via the app in locations that I regularly park and it shows that the car is not locked but clearly is as it’s in my line of vision I’ve never had a problem before at these locations in past 12months since I’ve had the car other than since most recent update.

I also have seem to list the ability to start the car remote to heat/ cool it. I could via the old app, I just cannot see where that option is in the menu? Anyone found it?

It’s within the very first card, labelled “remote control “ below “status”.

I now have 4 driving analytics cards! None of which show any ev information. The app just keeps getting worse 

• Like 1

Thanks. Just closed the app down and when I opened it up again it was there. I swear it wasn’t there before 😉

• Like 1

What a mess to change over Apps. Turned off Key recognition, Removed car from old, Logged out of old, logged in to new and added car with QR code. All went well thereafter. Now no EV time/distance info. Is that better? Seems to work ok which is a bonus.

On 6/10/2023 at 5:18 PM, Russ Taylor said:

What a mess to change over Apps. Turned off Key recognition, Removed car from old, Logged out of old, logged in to new and added car with QR code. All went well thereafter. Now no EV time/distance info. Is that better? Seems to work ok which is a bonus.

In individual trips it does now show EV time/distance for that journey. Similar in Overview. Overview appears  to be a running one months time span which looks a bit odd but no doubt we’ll get used to it.

We had the dreaded notice to update and change the app. Downloaded the new app yesterday, logged in, and couldn't find the QR code. Read this topic again, and then tried to delete the car from the old app. It took ages, but we finally found out where we could remove the car. Did this and then turned on the ignition. A few minutes later a QR code appeared. Managed to scan it and viola we now have the new app. We'll need to monitor it for a few days and see if it works 

I'm not sure I have this new app here in Finland yet. The app is called just "MyT" but the splash screen still says MyT by Toyota (in finnish tho). Version is 4.17.0 (30181), this can be seen inside the app in the Settings screen at the bottom if anyone of you can check for me what you have?

@CruxisCore Mine is version 4.17.0 (528) and is the MyT Toyota app (the old one). My wife has the new app with version 1.1.1 (-->prod)

On 6/18/2023 at 6:15 PM, Big_D said:

Read this topic again, and then tried to delete the car from the old app.

You don’t have to delete the car, just unlink it by going into your Profile in the Smart Connect unit.

Thanks @IT Troll.

2 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

You don’t have to delete the car, just unlink it by going into your Profile in the Smart Connect unit.

I deleted the car from the old app rather than unlinking it. This seemed to work for me

13 hours ago, Big_D said:

@CruxisCore Mine is version 4.17.0 (528) and is the MyT Toyota app (the old one). My wife has the new app with version 1.1.1 (-->prod)

Thanks, hoping it will be updated for me as well before my Yaris Cross arrives so I potentially avoid these kinda issues with having to pair it again and whatnot

• Like 1

I use the original MyT app for my current RAV4 (which also shows the progress of my YC - at Zeebrugge for the past few days) but for my YC it has the alternative MyT app which I downloaded.

It then asks for the one-time passcode which should be sent to my mobile to be entered. However, no passcode sent despite requesting it to be resent multiple time.

I used to connecting MyT app with my car on day one. One day, the app was logged off. So I logged in again. Then the app asked me to connect my car. I followed the instruction shown in the app and my phone has WiFi connection. However, the app cannot find my car. How can I fix it?