Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CHR or new CHR

Sdh2021

I have a 2.0 GR Sport on order due sometime in summer. What is the overall feeling. Go ahead and enjoy the last of the my22 model or cancel and wait for the new 24 model?

Go ahead and enjoy the last of the current model. I took delivery of my 2.0 GR Sport just over a month ago and absolutely love it. The CVT gearbox is now much more responsive than my older Dynamic. Generally, I feel it's better all round.

If you do decide to go for the new '24 model there will more than likely be the new model teething problems which are already sorted out with the current model.😀

My 2p worth anyway

• Like 5

If me I will keep the order in place and wait for the car. Meanwhile will look for information about the new model , specs, prices etc and if it’s a real deal and not too expensive over the existing deal I have placed my order I will cancel very last moment and place an order for the new model. Anyway, it’s also down to personal circumstances, if you can wait another year almost or have another car etc. only you can decide for yourself. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

If me I will keep the order in place and wait for the car. Meanwhile will look for information about the new model , specs, prices etc and if it’s a real deal and not too expensive over the existing deal I have placed my order I will cancel very last moment and place an order for the new model. Anyway, it’s also down to personal circumstances, if you can wait another year almost or have another car etc. only you can decide for yourself. 

Great references. That's what I was thinking with my current Yaris design order. I don't know whether the gen 5 Yaris premiere edition? will have the hud/jbl, how expensive, or if it has 18" wheels with low profile tyres - which I don't want even with the 17". Then another year wait it's too long for me at least as had current car for 5 years, it's not good for mid to long distance driving, I had enough. 

• Like 2

Aim also waiting for my C-HR. Should be delivered in july. No inspiration to wait(who knows how long) for new version that maybe will not like at all. 
You like the car? Get it and enjoy

My 2 cents 

• Like 1

If the new C-HR is very close to the Prologue it will be visually quite different to the current C-HR and IMHO absolutely stunning 😍😍😍, plus the dash is likely to be much more upto date with full digital display.  I expect the gen 5 hybrid system will be another step forward too , but nothing wrong with the current 2.0 setup. As soon as order books open deposit will be paid for a 2.0 version, the only decision will be Excel or GR sport 🤔 

• Like 5

Thanks for the thoughts. May be the 26th will give a clearer picture. I doubt pricing will be released though so choice still difficult.

• Like 1

Just been told CHR now in build in Turkey. Hope to have it for 73 plate. Current Corolla is great but low in the saddle for oldies. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That's good news Steve. Hopefully your dealer will let you hold out your delivery for a '73 plate.

I have heard that Toyota will  reveal the 2024 CHR about the end of July. And orders will be taken sometime in September for cars for delivery for the new year but no prices yet.

I'm going to have to wait a while now. Picked up my new C-HR at the end of April, so it's at least a couple of years before I can even consider the new C-HR. It will give Toyota a chance to sort out any teething issues with the new model too, So I don't mind so much. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Leo63 said:

I have heard that Toyota will  reveal the 2024 CHR about the end of July. And orders will be taken sometime in September for cars for delivery for the new year but no prices yet.

Now been published that the official Toyota release date is next Monday 26th June. Unsure from the wording if this is to include the UK.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrisg99 said:

Now been published that the official Toyota release date is next Monday 26th June. Unsure from the wording if this is to include the UK.

As previously posted: All-new Toyota C-HR to be unveiled on 26 June. It says unveiled so just how much information we will get is yet to be seen. This comes from the UK media site so it is safe to assume that the information will be available from that site in the UK ...

• Like 1

Well it's certainly some motor. Will it change my order? No not at this time. Too much new tech to go wrong and the price will be minimum 35000 no deals and high interest rates. I'll wait a couple of years and enjoy the GR model as ordered. At Autoport at present waiting a ship to Bristol, will be either Emerald Leader or Coral Leader I think both rack up in July. I do love the new GR though!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sdh2021 said:

Well it's certainly some motor. Will it change my order? No not at this time. Too much new tech to go wrong and the price will be minimum 35000 no deals and high interest rates. I'll wait a couple of years and enjoy the GR model as ordered. At Autoport at present waiting a ship to Bristol, will be either Emerald Leader or Coral Leader I think both rack up in July. I do love the new GR though!!!!

Good decision in my opinion 👍

Also the price went up a little to much for my taste. 

• Like 1

At fIrst look still prefer my 22 GR on the outside. I think the turbine wheels are more attractive, and prefer the old body shape with its quirky looks and the rear door handles. Not sure about the back quarter in black either. Inside looks better, bigger media screen, a lot more info about the Battery and what’s happening tech wise

• Like 1

I agree with all of you. The current shape C-HR is quirky, and has character  and the tech is tried and tested.

16 hours ago, Big_D said:

I agree with all of you. The current shape C-HR is quirky, and has character  and the tech is tried and tested.

Exactly. I will enjoy my car then(after few years)when they will do the facelift dance i will probably change. Of course again full hybrid 2.0

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.:driving:

I am probably in a different position to you all as I do not own a C-HR yet so I will give you my twopence worth about both new and old ones.

Here goes I hope I will not upset anybody with this but hey ho.😄

I have looked at the YouTube films for the new C-HR and it looks good, interior is nicer and interior quality looks more like Lexus quality than the previous one (current version).

Alas to me this is where the car is not to my taste I alas do not think much off the front especially round the rad grill looks like it has been stuck on as a after thought just my opinion and the quirkiness off the current one has gone. ( door handles at top off doors)

Now the current one the front looks great and the interior looks good to but why no rev counter I love a rev counter watching the needle go up and down (sad I know ).

I cannot think off anything to dislike in the current version so this is why I intend to money willing have one next year.

It will be a wrench coming from the Lexus is250 SE-L with leather and memory seats and hifi audio.

And seats that keep your backside cool in summer.😒

But hey it will be worth it for the half price tax and the better fuel consumption I can live with it.

I drove a C-HR GR Sport this week and came away liking it.:yes:

So to me the current version is the one I would go for every time.:yahoo:

65mike:driving:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 65mike said:

I cannot think off anything to dislike in the current version so this is why I intend to money willing have one next year.

Problem with the current C-HR is that it's only offered in the regular hybrid version, when the world has moved on and most manufacturers now offer small SUVs in both PHEV and full EV versions.

It's good that the new C-HR has a PHEV version, shame there's not a full EV version.

• Like 1

New one for me.
Although I never liked current chr to the point to consider buying one for myself the new upcoming model combines all the extras and the usual Toyota stuff that are very important to me and must have to buy a new car. No other recent brand new model has them all together and this alone makes it very serious contender as new car future purchase. There are few things that not to my like but they seems improved over the current one, particularly rear doors windows shape., I can live with them but not my favourite. Just my personal likes and preferences. 👍

• Like 1

Still find the new CHR too quirky.

As for rev counter, Toyota seem to have dropped it some time ago.  Mine used to flick between 0 and 2,000 odd.  Now just a power meter.  Makes more sense.

• Like 1

Hybrids rpm really does not matter but the power meter makes a lot of sense.  
If you use the power meter in combination with energy flow meter you can achieve the best acceleration without the typical cvt screaming and engine high revs noises.
When you accelerate to join the motorway for example you can keep the power high but not full throttle and watch the energy flow to be from both engine and electric motor. In these conditions the car performs respectful and the noise is at lowest levels because the car equalises the power needed to accelerate between both engine and e motor without one to override the other. No noise, smooth and linear acceleration. 👌

9 hours ago, AJones said:

It's good that the new C-HR has a PHEV version, shame there's not a full EV version.

If I understand correctly, the new C-HR is built on the same platform as the original. So, it's a restyle version of the original with uprated stuff and updated kit, but, essentially, it's still a C-HR - and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

I wouldn't expect to see an EV version of the C-HR - it's the wrong platform for that. But I would expect to see a bZn[x] in the not too distant future that looks very much like the C-HR (size and 'shape') built on a dedicated EV platform ... and I'm sure we've already seen one amongst the 'beyond zero' concepts.

I'm on my second C-HR, and love the current quirky shape. I've watched the videos on the new C-HR and while I love the interior of the new one, so far, I'm not sold on the new shape. I still want to see one "in the flesh" so to speak before I make a final decision.  

But, at this stage, I am really happy with my current model C-HR 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links