Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch and Go Plus (1) software upgrade, is it worth it?

kariolmax

Hello,

I'm a happy owner of the Toyota Auris TS Hybrid produced in 2013 with Touch and Go Plus media station (the first version). It's running 2.13 software while the newest is 2.24. I don't care about the maps because they are outdated when releasing but I'm curious if the update improves the performance (by now, the bluetooth audio connection seems to be slower than in my older Prius's nav) or adds new features (apps?). Did anyone do the update? What are your thoughts? 

If your version has no real issue, don't update. Multimedia is generally not problematic, the bluetooth connectivity is always slow regardless which version. As long as the connectivity is stable, don't bother. 

I have 2019 fall map, at least it has the roads on my Campus. It was only blob of green with 2016 map. There are some eBay seller gives genuine update for about £50. There are too many new roads construction in the past 2 years, it never up to date. 

For £50 you can get Tomtom GPS unit and stick it on the multimedia screen. That works better than anything Toyota offer without android auto. 

Or perhaps you can just use a smartphone, best infotainment system in any car no doubts.