Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Praise for Impressive Safety and Warning Systems!

ISL

You've got to give credit to the safety systems in the new Yaris. It's like a paranoid bodyguard on wheels, with sensors and warning systems that go above and beyond. It can keep a watchful eye on your tyre pressures, save clueless pedestrians, and even rat out that bag of groceries on the back seat for not buckling up.

But hey, guess what's missing? A fancy warning light for the washer bottle! Nope, instead, they thought it would be hilarious to rely on a masterpiece of entomological abstract art—dead moths and flies splattered across your windscreen! 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Mine certainly seemed to have an unusually small bottle, first time I've been caught out by it running dry in 3 Yarisuseseises! I now carry a refill bottle in the boot... :laugh: 

• Like 5

I managed like 10 months and 13000 km on an Aygo X before I ran out of the factory installed washer fluids 😄 But was indeed very surprised that there was no warning beforehand

• Like 2

To be fair, I don't think any of my previous cars had warnings for that either, but either I was more sparing with the washers or they had much bigger bottles!!

Doesn't anyone check fluids like oil, coolant, hydraulic, and washer bottles on at least a weekly basis anymore?

• Like 2

I check mine!! Albeit not weekly... maybe every month. Or two. :whistling1: :laugh: 

But this is a not-even-2 years old car so I think I can be a bit lazier with it, esp. after the Mk2, which I was checking the oil every couple of days at one point because that 1NR-FE was guzzling so much oil!! :eek: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Doesn't anyone check fluids like oil, coolant, hydraulic, and washer bottles on at least a weekly basis anymore?

Well no, cos all those things usually come with sensors that alert you of those levels. At least on other cars 😄

Given, the sensors could fail but I really left that habit behind me in cars made during this century

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CruxisCore said:

Well no, cos all those things usually come with sensors that alert you of those levels. At least on other cars 😄

Given, the sensors could fail but I really left that habit behind me in cars made during this century

Ok , you can rely on sensors and perhaps dealer "care" but I prefer to have the evidence of the actual fluid levels in front of me.

But we all have different views on car maintenance, and I respect yours.

BTW, I am really old fashioned and ramble a lot , so that may colour my views being brought up on leaky old fords and BMC .

• Like 4

Well documented omission from (in my case) RAV4 PHEV Dynamic.

Soooo last century.

1 hour ago, CruxisCore said:

You should be aware that most cars don't have many sensors for fluid levels; For instance, most cars don't have oil level sensors, only oil pressure sensors - If the oil gets so low the oil pressure warning light comes on, the engine will likely have already suffered serious damage, so it's still a good idea to check such things from time to time!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

You should be aware that most cars don't have many sensors for fluid levels; For instance, most cars don't have oil level sensors, only oil pressure sensors - If the oil gets so low the oil pressure warning light comes on, the engine will likely have already suffered serious damage, so it's still a good idea to check such things from time to time!

I guess I was spoiled by Volvo in that regard. Gotta remember this going forward with Toyotas.

• Like 1

Yeah Volvo were in a class of their own; I don't know what they're like now, but when they were their own company they had been responsible for most of the safety systems we now take for granted making their way into even the s***iest of  modern s***boxes :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links