Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ 1.3 Aircon pipes

simonorpen

Hello,

Have discovered a large hole in my low pressure aircon pipe on my 2011 1.3 manual. Have had a look on eBay and none of the pipes listed for a 1.3 look like mine. Question is, does anyone know if the 1.0 and 1.3 had the same pipes and system ? Also, any idea where to source one in the UK for less than the value of the car?

Manual or Auto A/C they use different pumps and port sizes

It's an IQ 1.3 with the auto climate control. The damaged pipe is the low pressure one and has a pronounced U bend at the end. The ones I've seen on eBay don't look the same

I will look it up later this evening, is it the one from the condenser ?

Thanks, this is really useful. I think the bit I need is the cheaper of the two, but I'll need to check in daylight. I wonder if they have to be ordered from Japan...

Hope this shows the pipe and the big hole in it!

7165D8E7-BED6-4015-8609-CAD2530372F8.jpeg

15CBE876-8AF1-49E9-B867-7BD7C4F283EB.jpeg

B4BD9D0E-962B-4A0F-9083-C116B337CAA6.jpeg

The a/c pipe is the least of your problems - are you aware that It's had some heavy accident damage, have you recently got this car did you do any checks on it ? Facebook marketplace ?

That driver's side subframe mount it 3/4 torn through it must handle like a 3 wheeled shopping trolley or its scrubbing tyres

Thanks, yes I found this out at its MOT. It drives absolutely fine and passed the MOT with no advisories. I did pay for a check before I bought it and it came up clear so obviously wasn't recorded. 

click to enlarge

s-l1600.jpg

that is why the A/C pipe has been crushed and is up against the pulley

The pipe looks as if it's been pushed into the pulley while the pulley was spinning, that's what caused the damage.

39 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The a/c pipe is the least of your problems - are you aware that It's had some heavy accident damage, have you recently got this car did you do any checks on it ? Facebook marketplace ?

That driver's side subframe mount it 3/4 torn through it must handle like a 3 wheeled shopping trolley or its scrubbing tyres

do you think it's repairable? And also worth repairing? Was hoping to keep this one for a while

It's hard to tell without looking at it, anything come up on the MOT history, tbh i would think it's classed a structural, it would be an engine out job - Get a body shop to look at it

edit. That a/c pipe is the £105 one

• Like 1

Just now, flash22 said:

It's hard to tell without looking at it, anything come up on the MOT history, tbh i would think it's classed a structural, it would be an engine out job - Get a body shop to look at it

Just had it Motd last Friday, that's when my mechanic told me about it. I think it happened before the guy who sold it to me had it but I'm wondering if he sold out to me knowing . He did recently have a new clutch put in so he must have been aware. As it drives fine I think I'll have to live with it as is. Thanks for the advice

Thanks, we did look at that but don't think it's the bit needed. I think I'll go back to the garage and see what they say

The pipe is in 2 parts note the junction in your pic, this bolts together

15CBE876-8AF1-49E9-B867-7BD7C4F283EB.jpe

5554e00709ea97856ce41d30578a8d00.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Good news! I ordered the part from eBay and I now have lovely cool aircon. Thanks for your help with this! Next thing to get sorted will be the auto wipers but I'll start a separate topic for that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

And just to prove my aircon is working I now have a soaking and smelly passenger footwell. Now off to read all the previous posts about this...

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links