Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Download problems

Quoman1

68 prius with touch n go

Last year I purchased and performed an ota to update the mapping,also coyote Tom Tom places.....this ,apparently,was successfully. This year it is done via USB stick which I purchased 2.

Downloaded all info (the map update) and some smaller update, on to both sticks......neither of which do anything when inserted into the cars USB

Main stealer ( marshal's Gatwick) have no idea and gave me toyota cust. serv. I'm still getting nowhere  and am now £200+ to the negative

Any ideas as I'm pulling what little of my hair I have left,out!

The map system still shows 2018 version1 mapping, although once it flashed 2022.....( too quick to notice)

Hi

Sounds like a conflict to me and one that can only be sorted by finding where the conflict is. Normally it's down to something simple like the version you downloaded being more advanced than the system you're trying to upload to. I too used to have a Tom tom and often found that problems can be resolved by contacting Tom Tom and asking them to supply a version suitable for the vehicle you have.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ian

I haven't had a problem through several USB-loaded updates on my 66 Prius, on 6.20.1 at the moment and just about to do the 6.21.1.L update. You need the "low" version, whatever that means. I always insert the USB before turning on the car, don't know if that matters. And it can take a couple of minutes to recognise the USB stick.

How did you unzip the files? It's also fussy about the formatting of the stick: *must* be FAT32. I unzip directly to the root directory on the stick. Slow, but it avoids any mis-steps in the copying.

To check if the USB socket itself works, try putting a few MP3 files on another stick (FAT32 again) and switch the media source to USB and see if it finds them.

You'll also need the activation code; the update process will ask you for this.

Loaded the latest update (6.21.1) today from USB. All went OK, but I did notice that it took a couple of minutes after switching on for the update process to begin. Longer than I recall it having done in the past.

Hi Hugh I formatted a 64gb SanDisk pendrive and downloaded an unpacked6.2.1 today

Put the drive into the cars USB........nothing Nada...not a bleedin thing! Now my local Marshalls want at least £75 to do this for me if I supply the code, and that's not me, so any other ideas are most welcome BTW thank so much so far.

I have a feeling it's not. All the documentation says FAT32.

I did wonder when I saw you were using a 64gb stick. Bigger sticks such as your 64gb usually come formatted to exFAT or NTFS and those would also usually be the only options you are offered in Windows if you want to format one yourself. Not FAT32, which will only be an option for smaller sticks.

FAT32 formatting for storage up to 32gb is usually simple; as large as 64 or even 128gb can be done but is a faff in Windows (no idea how Macs or Linux deal with it). 

I put my navigation updates on to a cheapo 8gb stick (FAT32 formatted using Win 10) that I keep in the car afterwards just in case. Under a fiver on Amazon.

If you do want to stick with your 64gb stick then here's how to get it formatted for FAT32:

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/flashdrive-recovery/format-usb-to-fat32.html

I've successfully formatted a 128gb stick to FAT32 for my MP3 files and it works in my Prius. exFAT didn't.

So I think if you are willing to spend a fiver on an 8 or 16gb stick (or a couple of quid more in a shop) then you may be able to avoid the £75!

Edited by HughL
Clarity
  • Like 1

Morning Hugh

Got myself a 32 gb stick and tried again to no avail, but noticed another map update which asks for my version type I have 2018 v1  version type 6.20.0spwh which comes up as invalid, so I've picked the closest and will try it tonight

Sorry that didn't work. Assuming it was FAT32 format? After that it's hard to say what the issue might be. I'd try putting a few mp3s on your new stick to see if they load: if not there might be a fault with the USB socket or wiring. Only other thing I can think of is the version: there are high and low versions: no idea what the difference is but my Touch 2 Go in a 66-plate needs low, which has an L not an H in the version suffix. Did you get your current version info from the car itself? 

I see you've got the JBL version. Maybe that makes a difference. The software version for mine (non-JBL) is 6.21.1WL and the map update 2023 v1. Beyond that, I'm stumped. Sorry I can't be more help.

Mate, you've been so much helpthank you, anyway end of the story is.......ITS FIXED!!

My son fixed it, the instructions are appealing, when you are asked to download the extracted file to an empty USB....DONT.

download the CONTENTS of the download ONLY ,NOT THE FILE ITSELF.

I WILL TRY TO FIND A VERY GOOD COPY FROM ANOTHER FORUM AND ADD IT HERE.

• Like 1

Keeps saying the link is spam so here's a screen shot

Screenshot_20230615_180719_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.50122a17c53e8c82db609ad7a26ad6f2.jpg

Great, pleased to hear that. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links