Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis 06 Apple CarPlay

David.pse

I had me overleg to install a new radio in my Toyota avensis baujahr 06 I have found a radio on Amazon. Villeicht ha someone already made experience with it or can recommend me a better radio. What exactly do I have to pay attention to everything. 

LG David 

https://amzn.eu/d/4qobBR5

I would recommend that if you're going to get an aftermarket unit with CarPlay, that you stick to one of the big names such as Sony, Pioneer, JVC etc. You won't be on your own when you have issues and the quality long term will be superior to these Chinese units. 

I've been tempted as well by the ones that fit 'nicely' to my 2018 Avensis and offer all the features under the sun, but honestly, these AliExpress derived electronics, they sure look the part and wok well - for a while - but you are constantly stuck with replacing parts and poor quality, speaking from experience. 

Make sure you get a fascia that fits, but again I would say it'll be a 95% perfect fit, not entirely good material. It will probably be a compromise. 

• Like 1

Agreed with Shane. If you are about a screen buy a good quality well known brands. Even with less extras on the list these units will have better radio signals, much better quality sound and screen res and colours. Those cheap Chinese units are full stop to me. At the end Apple car play and android auto aren’t as good as they seems to be , at least with my humble experience I still prefer to use the phone itself for navigation and not bothering to attach to the car screen. If you never used one yourself you may want to try first on someone else car and see if you like it before you spend some money. 

• Like 1

I bought a Junsun unit from AliExpress, came with a black fascia to match the car. The install was easy, and now Wireless Carplay works perfectly. It's not really cheap per se but cheaper than the big name brands for sure. You can pick between silver or black fascia depending on what you have in your car. It was shipped from France so no problem with China import fees and what not.

If you're curious you can see how it looks now in my car (T27): https://imgur.com/a/6twGFw1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005606658518.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.1.25b9694fMrAvPK&algo_pvid=c1e6e694-5e6a-4f9d-885f-c68f8d4f7c8e&algo_exp_id=c1e6e694-5e6a-4f9d-885f-c68f8d4f7c8e-0&pdp_npi=3%40dis!DKK!1550.62!1162.95!!!!!%40211bea6216865628046122320d07ea!12000033754809806!sea!DK!2643899785&curPageLogUid=V4mQZEwIhSrT

There's a few different hardware options depending on what you need and want to pay. I went for something a bit faster than the base option.

I used these two videos for help in removing the old and installing the new.