Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross Software Recall

IT Troll

I just had a call from my local dealership who will be giving my Yaris Cross it's first service tomorrow. They said a recall has been issued (software only) and that they intend to do this before/after the service. They said it relates to monitoring and diagnostics. Total time for both is 3 hours.

That seems a long time for a software update. Does anyone have any more detail on this?

It's a re-programme of the data communication module, it usually takes 30 mins or so, but can take longer, nothing to worry about 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could this be why the Myt app has stopped updating. I've not received any information on trips or milage etc since 29th May.

9 minutes ago, AdriftCloud said:

Could this be why the Myt app has stopped updating. I've not received any information on trips or milage etc since 29th May.

Don't think so, the app was updated recently and people have had problems since. The DCM re-programme was launched a while ago, suspended for a while, and they have restarted it again 

Update was described as XGG78_DCM Reprogramming. Searching on this I have found reports of increased reliability of online services post update. I did have to relink my phone to my profile after it was done to reconnect online services.

App mostly seems OK, but cannot view service history.

Would this software/app issue explain why, in the last 36 hours, the map has stopped showing speed limit info and speed camera warnings?

On 6/8/2023 at 2:40 PM, AdriftCloud said:

Mine has stopped too.  Not happy.  (I started a new thread)

I guess this is car specific, not about the app per se as my Aygo X and MyT has updated just fine. But makes sense if they fix it by software recalling the car 😄

On 6/8/2023 at 1:56 PM, IT Troll said:

I just had a call from my local dealership who will be giving my Yaris Cross it's first service tomorrow. They said a recall has been issued (software only) and that they intend to do this before/after the service. They said it relates to monitoring and diagnostics. Total time for both is 3 hours.

That seems a long time for a software update. Does anyone have any more detail on this?

My Yaris Cross was delivered in May, and although it updates trip data and mileage quickly, it keeps sending messages about unlocked doors 1 or 2 days after the event, so useless information.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links