Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone got the door mirrors to tilt when reversing...

David Vel

Hi  It says how to enable this on the manual, but can't get my car to do it.  I must be doing something wrong.  The manual implies that every car has it, not an optional extra. Anyone have any success with theirs?  Thanks

Tile mirror when reverse.png

12 hours ago, David Vel said:

Hi  It says how to enable this on the manual, but can't get my car to do it.  I must be doing something wrong.  The manual implies that every car has it, not an optional extra. Anyone have any success with theirs?  Thanks

Yes mone does that. U need take the gear R and set it. One you set the gear G it will go back to normal. 

10 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Yes mone does that. U need take the gear R and set it. One you set the gear G it will go back to normal. 

Sorry for the typo, I was rushing 😂

Correction:

Yes, my Toyota tilts when reversing. You need to select the gear R and adjust mirrors. Once you set the gear D, it will return to normal.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 8:38 PM, David Vel said:

If you are just talking about how to get your mirrors to automatically tilt down when you put the car into reverse, its exactly as the manual says.

The selector knob which chooses between Left and Right mirrors, has to be turned to L or R for this function to work. If it is centred in between, then the function is disabled 

• Like 1

I know my old RX did, but... I had to have the mirror adjustment switch on either L or R.

In the middle meant no tilt.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Still doesn't work for me. My car is Irish spec, BZ4X Sport.

I would really like to have it working. Be so handy.

• 2 weeks later...

Same car as you David. Doesn't work for me either.

• Like 1

Thanks for confirming. Have given up on it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just checked on mine. If you turn the mirror control knob to left or right, away from default centre, and then put in reverse, both mirrors dip.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links