Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Random Beep

rickyboy

Hi all, does anyone know why I would be getting  a random beeping sound in my Corolla? 

It's a single beep and not associated with the lane departure warning. I don't see any accompanying message on any display. 

Thanks.

What were you doing at the time?

• Like 1

Go to Home Screen and see if there is a speed camera symbol appearing in the lower right of the map when the beep sounds. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Bper

Tried to read it, but couldn't be bothered to read a sentence, skip an add, read a sentence, skip an ad,skip an add, read a sentence, skip an ad,skip an add, read a sentence, skip an ad,skip an add, read a sentence, skip an ad, etc.

I gave up in the end. 

I hate websites like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Thanks @Bper

Tried to read it, but couldn't be bothered to read a sentence, skip an add, read a sentence, skip an ad,skip an add, read a sentence, skip an ad,skip an add, read a sentence, skip an ad,skip an add, read a sentence, skip an ad, etc.

I gave up in the end. 

Hi bob,

Try another browser the link does work or copy link in to your browser. I have clicked on it multiple times and it does work mate. Technology is a pain or what👍

• Like 1

No, you misunderstand. I can access the site with no problem. There are too many adverts between the lines of the story that I couldn't be bothered to wade through all the ads to read the information 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Definitely a speed or red light camera alert

On alert is overspeed on a cruise control setting.  Typically cresting a rise the car will overspeed on the down and give a warning beep. 

4 hours ago, Big_D said:

Thanks @Bper

I gave up in the end. 

You need to install an ad-blocker. I use uBlock Origin and the site loads without any adverts in sight. Same deal with YouTube. I had no idea that YT had adverts until I tried viewing it from a holiday cottage over their TV.

I've detested all forms of marketing and advertising ever since I read The Space Merchants as a callow youth.

I don't know how anyone can browse today's web without an ad-blocker. It's worse than trying to watch live TV (I haven't done that since Sky released Sky+).

It is still possible to live life without ever seeing an advertisement and doesn't require all that much effort 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@AndrueC THANK YOU SO MUCH ! ! ! ! !

What a difference. I can now read the content.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AndrueC said:

You need to install an ad-blocker. I use uBlock Origin and the site loads without any adverts in sight. Same deal with YouTube. I had no idea that YT had adverts until I tried viewing it from a holiday cottage over their TV.

I've detested all forms of marketing and advertising ever since I read The Space Merchants as a callow youth.

I don't know how anyone can browse today's web without an ad-blocker. It's worse than trying to watch live TV (I haven't done that since Sky released Sky+).

It is still possible to live life without ever seeing an advertisement and doesn't require all that much effort 😉

Definitely install ad blockers. 

If sites had little bits and bobs, things that are unintrusive,it wouldn't be a problem, but some are horrific to navigate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Obsidian Estate said:

If sites had little bits and bobs, things that are unintrusive,it wouldn't be a problem, but some are horrific to navigate.

And this was exactly why I couldn't read the site (until I installed the Ad Blocker).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links