Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris Hybrid making strange noises

junaidbd

Hi All

I run a Toyota Auris Hybrid 2016, Excel Trim.

Recently i noticed when car transitions from petrol to EV or or rising uphill slowly i hear some noises. It doesn't make this noise all the time.

just wondering if is it normal to sometimes make noise when switching from petrol to EV while in Drive mode.

will appreciate reponse

Regards

Junaid

My Toyota Auris Hybrid 2017 Excel never had this kind of noises before.  

What noises you can hear, any chance to compare with something, or perhaps record them and share. These cars has a lots of strange noises and sounds at first sight which actually are usual stuff and nothing to worry about. However there are some rattling noises too, like lose metal parts, these aren’t good and needs attention. 

• 1 month later...

I have a 2016 Auris hybrid and it makes almost continual noises like a rattling and slight high pitched noise that increases in intensity when I slightly apply the brakes.  It doesn’t affect driving and Toyota (Jemca) said it is normal.  I thought at first it was my brake calliper sticking but having replaced discs and pads the sound remains.  Any thoughts

10 minutes ago, 1066chall said:

I have a 2016 Auris hybrid and it makes almost continual noises like a rattling and slight high pitched noise that increases in intensity when I slightly apply the brakes.  It doesn’t affect driving and Toyota (Jemca) said it is normal.  I thought at first it was my brake calliper sticking but having replaced discs and pads the sound remains.  Any thoughts

Hi, 

the noises those high pitched ones when pressed on the brakes is the regenerative braking, that’s normal but when accelerating with engine rpm goes up and rattling like loose metal parts noises occur it’s not normal and often Its from broken exhaust brackets or broken heat shields. These needs to be checked. Perhaps you can record the noise and share with us. 

On 6/10/2023 at 2:27 PM, TonyHSD said:

What noises you can hear, any chance to compare with something, or perhaps record them and share. These cars has a lots of strange noises and sounds at first sight which actually are usual stuff and nothing to worry about. However there are some rattling noises too, like lose metal parts, these aren’t good and needs attention. 

27 minutes ago, junaidbd said:

Sounds like exhaust bracket to me. This is what you need to check first along with all heat shields under the car.  Another thing to check is catalytic converter plate or cover if the car has one installed, this might be touching the exhaust somewhere and making similar noises.