Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CHR Mudflaps

asinrutee

My Toyota dealer told me that that due to a supplier issue (they've fallen out apparently ) Toyota are no longer able to supply CHR mudflaps. Seems the only way to go now is after-market, there are lots of suppliers out there. Has anyone used after-market mudflats that they would recommend

Have you tried Toyota Direct Parts website? They may have some in stock, and generally cheaper than dealership. The parts are genuine Toyota parts

Thanks, but they don’t have any either, it seems it’s after-market or nothing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

image.thumb.jpeg.a753a7a17052754c189295767f481cc3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1a566e43a6cfb8daeb6b54c5235d306.jpeg

Fitted aftermarket in the end, not to too bad for Chinese copies

• Like 3

Well, perhaps Toyota and the supplier will kiss and makeup before too long!  After all, Toyota customers want mudflats and the supplier wants to sell their products.  I had been thinking of fitting mudflats to my car - they do offer a little extra protection to the bodywork.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought myself a set of the Chinese aftermarket ones off Fleabay. There are different types and after reading the reviews, settled for a slightly more expensive set with multiple comments on how well they fitted, rather than the slightly cheaper option where comments such as had to fiddle and modify slightly to get them to fit.

I'll add more information once they arrive and I have them fitted. 

• Like 1

Well, I never got around to fitting the mudflaps this weekend, but did manage to get the front ones fitted today. No fettling whatsoever. Removed three bolts with a 10 socket, held the mudflaps in place and bolted everything together again. As easy as that. I'm quite impressed with the fitment and quality. Never even had to remove the wheels.

Rear ones will have to wait until I can get the rear wheels off, as per the Toyota fitting instructions. The rear mudflaps use two of the original mounting points but need to have a couple of 2mm holes drilled for the supplied self tapping screws. In order to do that, I need to remove the rear wheels, so it's a job for another day when I have a bit more time.

mudflaps1.jpg

mudflaps2.jpg

• Like 1

“……but need to have a couple of 2mm holes drilled for the supplied self tapping screws.”

Does this drillIng and fitting of these screws go into plastic, or into metal?  I am very hesitant about drilling into the metal panels of the car in case of subsequent corrosion.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

“……but need to have a couple of 2mm holes drilled for the supplied self tapping screws.”

Does this drillIng and fitting of these screws go into plastic, or into metal?  I am very hesitant about drilling into the metal panels of the car in case of subsequent corrosion.

Into plastic, its very soft so just drill a pilot hole

On 8/25/2023 at 11:42 PM, Big_D said:

These are the ones I bought. 57 sold and good reviews from people who bought them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254327470718

They arrived a couple of yesterday and I am hoping to fit them this weekend. 

Just so happens Big_D that I too ordered the flaps from the same link you provided.

I placed the order on 25 Aug, 2023 but waiting on a car to arrive so they can be fitted . 🙂 

I've a C-HR GR Sport due in mid September.

I found the eBay seller very helpful, he tells me they will fit a 2023 C-HR.

Glad to hear Bob, that as far as you see, there a good fit.

Thank you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, asinrutee said:

Into plastic, its very soft so just drill a pilot hole

That’s nice to know. Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, i think i will go ahead and order these, they are building a lot of new houses in our village and the car is getting plastered every time we go out 

Although I've only had the front ones on for a few days now, I am impressed with the quality and ease of fitment. I'm hoping to fit the rear ones this weekend, depending on SWMBOs plans. 

I managed to get the rear mudflaps fitted today. It was easier than I thought. The hard part was removing the plastic retaining "rivets" which will be used to fasten the mudflaps to the bottom of the car.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Big_D said:

I managed to get the rear mudflaps fitted today. It was easier than I thought. The hard part was removing the plastic retaining "rivets" which will be used to fasten the mudflaps to the bottom of the car.

So, do you have to replace that revit that you had to remove?

Thanks Big D.

No, if you pull it out carefully, it can be re-used. They are similar to this

plastic_rivets.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links