Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine flush: GOOD or BAD?

RHYSF00

That’s not a flush that’s a oil treatment for use with current oil or when fresh oil is in when serving 

• Like 2

On older cars or high mileage can be good. Screenshot_2023-06-10-14-44-57-582_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9c950ab087a9d096d2c50d2ea76a4d52.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eddiefh said:

That’s not a flush that’s a oil treatment for use with current oil or when fresh oil is in when serving 

I just orderd the right one

Some rate flushing some hate it , some do it from brand new some when cars older . I sell for wynns and their competition same again some will only buy certain brands some just want cheapest possible. I’ve even punters that buy 2 tubs off oil and drain oil and change filter then put in fresh oil run it for 20 minutes then drain it and put in second tub of oil . Then I’ve mechanics who are servicing cars and want the cheapest oil that’s not even correct for the car . 

• Like 2

If you only do low miles then its a wast of time/money if you do high miles then you might as well just change the oil more frequently.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My Mercedes were both high mileage with well in excess of 100k.  They were serviced by engineers not mechanics or box monkeys.   They would come to my workplace while my car was already warm.  Pour in a can of additive though I don't know what.

They would take it to their garage, drain and do what was necessary. 

I've used it for years and all my cars are run into 6 figures and kept for years.

However, I also change more frequently than the "official" distance. From many years ago I well remember a conversation with an engineer who simply said...."Engines are expensive, oil is cheap" and, similarly, "...There's no such thing as sealed for life if it's got oil inside it..."

Recently heard that Ford Transit's are now on 36K changes with 0W20. The thinking is driven by the bean counters who have worked out that with a 5-6 year warranty the vast majority will only have 2 changes (super thin oil plus long service interval sounds great for the "costs" of running the vehicle) before the warranty runs out and after that they couldn't care less. Even better if you've got to pay ££££££'s to put it right as that's more cash flow for them.

Andy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links