Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Light....

Adam Land

Hello,

I have just picked up my Supra last week, and i was just wondering if anyone could help me solve a problem i have.

The warning light in the middle of the speedo or rev counter cant remember now, is permenantly on.... the importers told me this was due to sensor beng disconnected in the front bumper. As the one on it is not original, i have found the sensor they are talking about and just wondered if anyone else had had this problem and i was wondering if you had managed to sort it.

The sensor has a smaller wire running along side it, and i was going to test it and see if grounding this wire would solve the problem?

Cheers for any help!

:thumbsup:

Hello,

I have just picked up my Supra last week, and i was just wondering if anyone could help me solve a problem i have.

The warning light in the middle of the speedo or rev counter cant remember now, is permenantly on.... the importers told me this was due to sensor beng disconnected in the front bumper. As the one on it is not original, i have found the sensor they are talking about and just wondered if anyone else had had this problem and i was wondering if you had managed to sort it.

The sensor has a smaller wire running along side it, and i was going to test it and see if grounding this wire would solve the problem?

Cheers for any help!

Hi Adam,

The warning light can come on for a number of reasons.... not sure if this is one of them.... have a word with the guys on:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/bbs/

They may be able to help.

Hello,

Cheers for any help!

Do you mean the big red warning light?

No way should that be on dude. Dont take any **** from the garage. If they didnt tell you about the sensor thing until after you picked the car up they are breaching trading standards.

Dont let em get away with it because it sounds like bull sheet to me :yes:

someone from MKiv site, has just told me its to do with the active spoiler no longer being there! They've told me to unplug the Spoiler Ecu behind the stereo and this should solve the problem!

They told me when i picked it up about the sensor, but i wanted to cure it, cause it does my head in being on the time!!

So i'll give that a go!!

It is to do with the active spoiler, in front of the gear lever is 2 buttons that control

the spoiler.

There are 3 settings, active (comes down at 70mph) down (spoiler is always down) off (spoiler stays up).

If you turn the settings to off, the light will go off and stay off (I think its left hand button in, right button out) i'll have a look this evening when i drive home.

hope it helps :thumbsup:

the thing is, the spoiler is no longer there, and the CU for the spoiler cannot find it, so its throwing up a fault. I am in the process of trying to disconnect the ECU for the spoiler, or trying to short the ECU to recognise the spoiler as being in the Parked position!!! I'll let you know how i get on!