Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloys & Pitting

anunes

I have a 9 month old Celica VVti and have noticed that the alloys have started pitting.

Has anyone else come across this problem and will Toyota cover it with the warranty??

Hi there,

I have a year old Yaris T-Sport and have the same problem. The alloys are corroding/pitting very much like rust forming under paint and in some places the surface has flaked off!

A collegue at work had the same problem..and toyota did replace them under Warranty as apprently there have been numerous complaints across the range where the finish of the alloys has been far from perfect. I belive they will replace them.

I'm not too sure about mine...as it's an import and my local dealer doesn't exactly welcome me with open arms although they have to set in the standards by Toyota.

Mark

Hi everyone Thats so true my boss has got a v reg lexus and his alloy wheels are all corroded and pitted. Lucky he was able to get them changed on the warranty. 4 brand new alloy wheels.

The only trouble is that in 2 months time they are going to look like s**t as he really doesn't give a f**k about his motor. What a waste!!

jerry!!

According to the Lexus Forum, Lexus have increased the warranty to 100k or 3 years if I remember what Iread earlier correctly....

That's a good warranty dont you think.

jerry!!

Just for the alloys huh!! They are having a laugh :angry:

jerry!!