Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picnic 2.0 Versus Stream 2.0

ajyong

Hi Picnic Owner,

I am currently driving a Corolla and will be getting a MPV soon. Could you share with me your experience with Picnic. I am considering Honda Stream because of the fantastic review it. However, I have always love Toyota because of its reliability. So please englightened me about your choice when you choose Picnic. Thank you so much.

- ajyong

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• matnor

• ajyong

• Clement6800

• Squonx

Hi.

I've been using my recon Ipsum 2.0 (yr 99) from Japan for nearly a month now.

The car has been performing very good..does not feel underpowered or whatsoever..but of course Stream is a lot better..used to drive my friend Stream

On the h/way, my fuel consumption is 510km for 43 L (speed 120-140Km/hr)

Mixed city & h/way going to work - 450km for 43 L.

Comfortable carrying 6 adults for long journey but could fit in 7 adults...

Matnor,

Thanks for your input. In what way a stream is better? Actually I have already booked my picnic. Have to find out how much I would loose if I were to back out of the deal. Big mistake for not taking some time to check out my options. Blundering fool indeed! sigh!

If you're refering to 2.0 then Stream will always out perform Ipsum/Picnic 2.0 in all aspects..max power ,max torque,fuel consumption. low emission level..but of course at a price..

I choose Ipsum/Picnic out of Kia Carens, Hyundai Matrix, Naza Ria/Kia Carnival for its reliability and good overall performance/fuel consumption at a right/affordable price tag...

Some of my friends who owns those MPVs are not really happy..

To me, my Ipsum/Picnic is good, reliable, good FC..

Wanted to buy new Ipsum/Picnic 2.4 but too expensive..

I am getting the Picnic 2.0. How come its label old? The engine design considered old? 2.4 is our of my league. Stream 2.0 is actually cheaper, but a bit too late for not finding out earlier. Seems to be a lot rave review on Stream but hardly hear any whimper on this picnic. Hmnn.. wonder why?

Not really...you can search the net..there's quite lot of good review on this car...in the UK, Australia and New Zealand..even some from S'pore..

Matnor,

Thanks again for your kind reply. You see what I mean.. Not many people share their love or hate relationship with the picnic. If you look at some other thread like the honda stream you see lots of enthusiastics forumner. Those threads from UK etc are pretty old. Anyway.. I am not criticising or anything like that. Just hoping that I made a correct decision by getting the Picnic instead of the much raved about Stream. :)

Thank you again.

Yap, I know what you mean...I felt the same...but seeing more Ipsum on the road make me feel a lot better now..and by owning/driving the car myself, I feel quite a relief..I was aslo afraid that I made the wrong decision..rather than buying Naza Kia/Carens or even Matrix.

I think/feel quite satisfied now..

Hi Matnor,

Hee hee.. :D i will never consider Kia or Hyundai. Heard a lot of bad things about them. Got a friend who got the service lamp lighted and was told by the technician to just ignore the lamp cause after servicing the engine, the lamp did not go off. So much for quality isn't it.

I think Toyota is a very reliable vehicle. Just that (just like you) I am wondering why no enthusiastic owner.. haa haa. I will getting my Picnic probably in two weeks time.

Take care..

Matnor,

What is your car reg. no, if I may ask. Just that I will be on the look out for picnic when I am in Malaysia and will honk/irritate you when I see your vehicle.

Matnor,

I was just kidding ok. :ph34r: was just wondering how small the world could be.. and I won't be surprise if I spot your picnic somewhere in Malaysia when I visit Msia. :arrgg-matey: :P

Hmm..not just honk me..I don't mind even if you stop/pull me over the road side for a chit-chat...just to share experiences..

BTW, my car registration plate : WMA 543 (blue colour)

Is your car come with big headlights of the smaller one like mine..the one with big headlights looks better and the headlights are brighter since it uses crystal type of bulb.

:eek: Hey, Matnor, I spoke to the sales engineer and he told me, you think you getting condom ahh? different headlight size.. its the standard and never changed since day 1 picnic came out. Maybe he don't realise that Japan has different ones?

Hi just read your posts i've had my picnic for just over 12 months and would'nt even consider any other mpv.

I've had no problems with it apart from the clutch(probally due to the trips to spain with the caravan).

performance wise it puts the likes of the picasso and scenic to shame which are the preffered mpv here in the uk.

stick with the picnic.

Hi Daz1970,

Thanks for the encouragement. I am still waiting for the registration and the arrival of my picnic. Hope I would like it just like you did. :yes:

Ajyong..mine is reconn from Japan yr 99 and it has smaller headlights compared to some of the other units of Ipsum (which also yr 99) brought in by the dealers last week...I think your sales agent didn't aware of the various specs available...

Hi there..Daz1970..good to hear from you..Picnic/Ipsum owner..

I've been driving for a month now and felt very satisfied with its overall performance and its fuel consumption is also good..43 liter on h/way for 506Km and 43 liter for 450km on mixed city and h/way (going to work everyday)...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links