Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Not Happy

dazwan

Not sure if I'm allowed to name and shame (I won't name unless I'm told I'm allowed to), but I've just had my car serviced at a Toyota dealers the other day and they've broken it!

Got the car back and now the whole thing vibrates/judders when I hit about 60mph! It used to be really smooth at 60mph, but now it's just awful to drive I regularly drive from Bristol to Wakefield so to have to hold onto a vibrating wheel is not fun for 3.5 hours.

I've already had it back once and they reckoned it was that the wheels were no longer balanced as they had to take them off. So they rebalanced all my wheels and... The car still Judders at Motorway speeds! :ffs:

And there was I deciding I'll take the car to a main dealer as they should know how to look after my Toyota :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

its obvious their tyre fitter is a monkey

take it to another 'reputable' tyre fitter and see if they can rectify the problem and balance it up properly and give the hub and spigot a good clean

if not then they have damaged something else aswell :angry:

I was thinking of going to the Toyota Dealer in Bristol to see if they could sort it out. When my partners Yaris failed it's MOT because it had european lights they (Bristol) managed to get the Dealers we bought the car off to pay for a new set of UK headlights.

Perhaps I should mention it was the same dealers that have broken my car which sold us the Yaris with illegal headlights and also repeatedly passed it's MOT with those same lights fitted. It's only when we moved to Bristol that the problem was picked up.

Time for you to start making a big fuss.

I don't trust main dealers as they killed my old celica.

If you take the car back again I still don't think they will fix it.

Why didn't you take it to the Bristol dealer for the service?

Take it back to the garage who did it and demand they make good the repair. If they refuse, go to see someone in the Citizens Advice Bureau. They have to make good under the Trades Discriptions Act. :thumbsup:

Time for you to start making a big fuss.

I don't trust main dealers as they killed my old celica.

If you take the car back again I still don't think they will fix it.

Off topic... but i still have an image :lol:

I had this with an unbalanced wheel. Took 4 attempts to get it right. Beats me how people can't balance wheels with the latest digital gear!!

I've been living in Yorkshire for the last few weeks and thought that whilst I had the opportunity I'd drop it in the local garage for it's service as it was already overdue.

Now I wish I'd waited a week and taken it to Bristol. In future I'm taking it to somebody who I know I can trust in Yorkshire.

It's funny that only a week ago I was telling folk about how impressed I was with mine and my partners' Toyota's and that perhaps they really are as well built as people keep saying they are.

All this has started to get me thinking about getting rid of the avensis and seeing if I can find an old Celica for about the same price <_< .

I had this with an unbalanced wheel. Took 4 attempts to get it right. Beats me how people can't balance wheels with the latest digital gear!!

Maybe the machine is only as good as the person who calibrated it.

It's just a pain in the bum as I am only going to be in Yorkshire at the weekend so this could wind up going on for a few weeks or even months if I keep having to go back every weekend to get the wheels balanced.

Off topic... but i still have an image :lol:

*chokes on her drink* you are lucky Garrick is away :P

Good luck Dazwan and remember the customer is always right.

Off topic... but i still have an image  :lol:

*chokes on her drink* you are lucky Garrick is away :P

Good luck Dazwan and remember the customer is always right.

sorry Nic, but you put the image there!

I just hate everywhere :lol:

Whenever my car 'has' to go into somewhere i get them to sign to say it was delivered with such and such a mileage and i expect it to come back unchanged.

Too many little scroats had fun at my expense with my Celica :angry:

dont talk to me about toyota dealers :censor: if any of you remember

the problems i had with my spoiler b4 JAE well it carrys on,was back there again last week to check my third NEW spoiler :eek: (as toyota wont supply me a fitting kit the sticky tape :censor: ) b4 they put it on again GUESS WHAT spray still awfull so told em to do it again & let me know

:angry:

good luck sorting your wheel wobble out had that on car b4 does your head in dont it :wacko:

I just hate everywhere :lol:

Whenever my car 'has' to go into somewhere i get them to sign to say it was delivered with such and such a mileage and i expect it to come back unchanged.

Too many little scroats had fun at my expense with my Celica :angry:

Good point. One of my mates did his school work experience week at our Local Toyota dealers years ago, and they basically let him mess about with people's cars all week. 15? never driven before? well, why don't you amuse yourself by ragging round the car park in some poor bloke's Supra then......

He was well impressed but he even said he felt a bit bad when the bloke came to pick it back up.

I'd forgotten all about that - I was thinking I'd stick with Toyota for the service history, but I won't bother now.

toyota dealers are a bunch of :censor: had my car in to get horn fixed cause i said to myself they will know what they are doing being so called toyota experts my MOT is up SO wanted it fixed ASAP well it cost over a hundred quid to fix a broken wire :ffs: :censor: they had my car for a full day then turned round and said they had to invesigate further so gave them it for another full day they eventualy fixed the horn then when i went to get my MOT today my horn wasent working and failed its mot :ffs: it works sometimes but mostly dosent getting it back into them today and im gonna kick up a fuss cause im driving without a MOT at the moment :help: :ffs: i will not be using toyota main dealers ever again as they are double and more overpriced than most garages and lets face it if they cant fix your car in first place and sometimes break it then taking the chance with the smaller garages is a risk worth taking the toyota dealer in glasgow i go to charge about 56 quid per hour :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

just swap the front wheels for the rears if they are balanced - simple :thumbsup:

Take it back to the garage who did it and demand they make good the repair. If they refuse, go to see someone in the Citizens Advice Bureau. They have to make good under the Trades Discriptions Act.

BAH. Soft option. I`d be in there nailing the managers head to the floor. :angry:

Take it back to the garage who did it and demand they make good the repair. If they refuse, go to see someone in the Citizens Advice Bureau. They have to make good under the Trades Discriptions Act.

BAH. Soft option. I`d be in there nailing the managers head to the floor. :angry:

Too right, you paid for them to fix the car not break it!!!! :ffs:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this thread, I took the car back a second time last weekend and they decided to balance the wheels whilst attached to the car (I didn't even know this was possible).

Anyway to cut a long story short they managed to fix all the vibrations, so I'm now a happy punter once more (although I still have this desire to rid myself of the avensis and get my hands on a Supra or a Soarer :drool: ).

(although I still have this desire to rid myself of the avensis and get my hands on a Supra or a Soarer  ). 

You know you want to. :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links