Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris cross horn

coloquil

9 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

No person on this planet is ever going to convince me that a suitable loud enough horn is not essential.

Used "sensibly" to warn others of possible danger etc is a must tool to have in the car.  If not used sensibly, it just invites road rage.

Not everyone will even hear the loudest of horns because they have their sound system on full, blimey, I still see some drivers with headphones on inside the car and are totally oblivious to their surroundings....just so dangerous when they cannot hear the emergency vehicles approaching and safely plan to manoeuvre out of their way. And I'll refrain from properly airing my views about the Muppets on bicycles and those deadly e scooter riders who also wear them.🤬🤬🤬

I was not trying to convince you either way. They are good for doing the job they are meant for which is to alert a person you are there. As you said does not matter how loud the horn is if people are having their music to loud / wearing headphones or just plain got no idea.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MardyMarvin said:

I was not trying to convince you either way. They are good for doing the job they are meant for which is to alert a person you are there. As you said does not matter how loud the horn is if people are having their music to loud / wearing headphones or just plain got no idea.

There is actually a class distinction between horns.  Entry level cars tend to have a single horn and higher up the range they get twin horns.  These tend to be vibrating disc horn and they are cheap.   Luxury cars all have twin windtone horns, these are not air horns but electric horns with a coiled trumpet.  I changed my pip squeak vibrating disc horn to twin windtone because I like the sound.  Horn snobbery if you like 😉

• Haha 8

Here's a proper horn. And it still works - very high decibels!

Don, my late Dad was once stopped for speeding, on Hyde Rd.. Constable, "Does sir know the speed limit here and what speed sir was doing?" Dad, "No I don't." Constable, "I wouldn't have stopped you if you hadn't overtaken that car. What is sir's occupation?" Dad, "Long distance lorry driver." Constable, "Oh dear, sir should really know better, slow down in future and observe the speed limit. Have a good evening, goodnight sir."

horn 1.jpg

horn 2.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slartybartfast said:

Don, my late Dad was once stopped for speeding, on Hyde Rd.. Constable, "Does sir know the speed limit here and what speed sir was doing?" Dad, "No I don't." Constable, "I wouldn't have stopped you if you hadn't overtaken that car. What is sir's occupation?" Dad, "Long distance lorry driver." Constable, "Oh dear, sir should really know better, slow down in future and observe the speed limit. Have a good evening, goodnight sir."

horn 1.jpg

horn 2.jpg

That’s it Peter, exactly what I fitted to the Cross but they are a bit more compact these days.  They make nearly the same sound but those big old ones are a bit deeper.   As for police on Hyde Road, you rarely see one and that’s with the GM Police station in Gorton!

• Haha 2

I'd consider fitting that Lucas special to my Yaris but I'd need to increase the front tyre pressures and make a sturdy bracket to compensate for the extra mass!😎

It really is very loud. I think there's a tone adjustment under the removeable cover too.

That Constable would now be a pimply yoof who hadn't a clue, the I.Q. of a pork pie and no discretion.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Slartybartfast said:

horn 1.jpg

horn 2.jpg

I put a pair of those on my BMW Motorbike when I had it, it was like the Queen Mary when I needed to sound the horn(s) 🤣🤣

• Haha 7

Hey anchs, you drive trains, any spare train horns lying around that you can nab for forum members with horn envy...? :whistling1: :naughty:

Not sure if they'd work off the 12v system or would need wiring up to the traction Battery though... :g: :laugh: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Hey anchs, you drive trains, any spare train horns lying around that you can nab for forum members with horn envy...? :whistling1: :naughty:

Not sure if they'd work off the 12v system or would need wiring up to the traction battery though... :g: :laugh: 

Not funny really but it’s been done…..

https://youtu.be/kn1vxwtWlRA?si=P3TaJCRf58l40uRR

• Haha 5

On 12/14/2023 at 3:14 PM, flash22 said:

The horn is a simple circuit 1 live wire from the relay, and it uses the body as ground, the relay is in the main fuse box under the bonnet

Thanks for that information. 
My horn has died totally recently. It’s been on and off for probably 4 years now and usually works after heavy rain, car wash or during damp weather.
Can this point towards corrosion on the ground? It looks rusted anyway. 
Anyone knows what is the price of new Toyota horn? 
Will try to replace without removing the bumper. 😉

Loads of 2nd hand ones on eBay from Breakers, some will be almost new, due to write offs etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The bodywork it's bolted to may be rusted as well or instead, so be ready to have to do something about that too.

• Like 1

Thanks for that information. 
My horn has died totally recently. It’s been on and off for probably 4 years now and usually works after heavy rain, car wash or during damp weather.
Anyone knows what is the price of new Toyota horn? 
Will try to replace without removing the bumper. 😉

Just don't ask anchorman or parts-king for a horn unless you have good ear defenders is all I'm saying :fear: :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

£45-70 for the OEM iirc you can get twin PIAA horns for half that

• Like 2

£45-70 that is a bit steep for a simple horn. I will call the dealers tomorrow and see what they say. And these piaa from where I can buy? Any specific site or just general search. I don’t use horn but I like to have especially in these London visits on daily basis, it’s insane driving there, it’s like in Mumbai, beep beep beep 😅

• Like 1

iirc the last pair come from either demon squeaks or Amazon

the one on the mk4 is ok

if the horn is the one on your Auris it is more than likely the clock spring is on its way out (horn circuit uses an outer track on the ribbon, it's usually the first one to fail

under the steering cowl

1458217824_mk3spiralpinout(Small).thumb.png.a4f71e5eb6cce365237039057db2751d.png

iirc its pin 8 black

• Like 3

£45-70 that is a bit steep for a simple horn. I will call the dealers tomorrow and see what they say. And these piaa from where I can buy? Any specific site or just general search. I don’t use horn but I like to have especially in these London visits on daily basis, it’s insane driving there, it’s like in Mumbai, beep beep beep 😅

Pm me your address.  I’ll post you a brand new genuine Toyota one for nowt.  Only been beeped once to test, never in anger!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

Pm me your address.  I’ll post you a brand new genuine Toyota one for nowt.  Only been beeped once to test, never in anger!

Cheers very kind of you. I will pm to you  and you have a beer on me.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

iirc the last pair come from either demon squeaks or Amazon

the one on the mk4 is ok

if the horn is the one on your Auris it is more than likely the clock spring is on its way out (horn circuit uses an outer track on the ribbon, it's usually the first one to fail

under the steering cowl

1458217824_mk3spiralpinout(Small).thumb.png.a4f71e5eb6cce365237039057db2751d.png

iirc its pin 8 black

Thanks. 
I do believe it’s the horn itself as when push on steering wheel there is a signal going to it and the horn is trying to sound but only does some clicking, before to die there were strange noises 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

No beer required, I’m glad to see it go to good use.  I’d fit it but there’s no chance of me trailing down there!

You can come and drink Derbyshire tea anytime then we’ll see what you’re made of 😂

14 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, anchorman said:

No beer required, I’m glad to see it go to good use.  I’d fit it but there’s no chance of me trailing down there!

You can come and drink Derbyshire tea anytime then we’ll see what you’re made of 😂

Thanks a lot. 
Will definitely stop by for a cuppa if I am travelling near you. 👌

• Like 2

12 hours ago, anchorman said:

Is Derbyshire tea a euphemism for something else or do you put chilly powder in it or something?? :eek: 

• Haha 2

I can throroughly recommend these people.
The service is excellent. They do not ask for payment until they know they can get it or it is in stock. They keep you updated all the time. OK, the postage is a big hit, but it is coming from Japan.

Plug and play, 
I had a mate make a bracket to hold both horns and used that in place of the original horn bracket, but still used the bit that bolts to the car.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/08522b1010

2 hours ago, WelshGasman said:

I can throroughly recommend these people.
The service is excellent. They do not ask for payment until they know they can get it or it is in stock. They keep you updated all the time. OK, the postage is a big hit, but it is coming from Japan.

Plug and play, 
I had a mate make a bracket to hold both horns and used that in place of the original horn bracket, but still used the bit that bolts to the car.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/08522b1010

Is that a Genuine Toyota part ?

54 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Is that a Genuine Toyota part ?

I believe so. They look good quality. Sound really good as well. You would never know a Yaris had beeped you. 🙂
They are meant to be for a Landcruiser. On that they go on each side. The instructions are in Japanese, but with pictures. You get the correct spacers, everything for the Landcruiser.

I found the link to them somewhere, perhaps here. My mate made a plate out of stainless steel and we fitted that to the existing part on the Yaris which bolts to the car.
I particularly liked the plug and play, though I found out later you can get just the harness or Amazon

54 minutes ago, WelshGasman said:

I believe so. They look good quality. Sound really good as well. You would never know a Yaris had beeped you. 🙂
They are meant to be for a Landcruiser. On that they go on each side. The instructions are in Japanese, but with pictures. You get the correct spacers, everything for the Landcruiser.

I found the link to them somewhere, perhaps here. My mate made a plate out of stainless steel and we fitted that to the existing part on the Yaris which bolts to the car.
I particularly liked the plug and play, though I found out later you can get just the harness or Amazon. 

I REALLY do fancy this for my YC...but what I don't fancy is taking the front bumper off to fit them 😭

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links