Found An Engine

Calisto

What do you think????

its a SGE same as mine

comlplete with all bits and bobs.

j REG 1992

UNDER 70,000 MILES

car was in a side impact crash. :(

he wants £464 inc vat, delivery, 6 monthys warranty.

should I go for it????????????????///

excuse my ignorance , but have you been having bother with your engine asha ?

if so i hope you get it sorted out ,looks like that 250 quid you inherited has come in handy or did you get the ice you fancied?

Had slight engine trouble on sunday eg no oil and the bottom end went, hence the new engine, didnt get the ice, just as well really.lol

awww that sux , be carefull of warrantys , some arnt worth s*** once they got your money .get it in writing not verbal. and hey good luck and hope you back driving real soon. you can always try jap parts and japcity up in stockton for an engine price , dunno if a gen 6 celi engine will fit ur motor but they break loads of em.

Yeah. tough break Asha. Hope it`s soon sorted and your baby`s back on the road. :thumbsup:

ash very good price. have you got someone to fit it?

if you get stuck give us a shout.

cheers

lee

:eek: No oil....Oh NO! :crybaby:

Bad luck Asha, have you found out what caused the oil loss?

is the engine you have found from an Automatic?

woooooo hoooooo me is a happy bunny

my new engine is being delivered this Thursdsay :thumbsup: how qiuck is that wow.I am over the moon.

Just want to say thanks to TOC for your kind words and support. :group-cuddles:

And the good news is that KITT should be up and running by this Saterday or Sunday. :thumbsup:

Blew the engine last sunday fixxed by this Sunday. not bad for one week eh. :eek:

update- engine has ben delivered. :thumbsup:

whered you get the splitter and side skirts

lets hope the motor feels the same if not better , also give yourself time to feel comfortable with it and trust it.check the oil and water levels each week on a set day.hope all turns out good . :thumbsup:

Thamks mate I will be checking the fluid levels weekly, its a hell of a lot cheaper.

I am having her re-mapped in the very near future and de-limited. woooo hooooo. :thumbsup:

whered you get the splitter and side skirts

I have just had a look at the new engine it has a flywheel so am assuming it is a manual, ;) I am putting new cam belt, oil filtter everything that can get replaced will be new. :thumbsup:

fly wheels there to start it kiddo the teeth around the edge is what the starter motor turns on to fire the motor up , just the gearbox is different , engines are the same manual or auto , just cables and ancillaries are different.

Flywheels are different as the auto has a torque converter and the flywheel is just a thin plate with the ring gear on it .also there is a bearing in the back of the crankshaft that has to be removed if it is a manual box that it was last used with :thumbsup:

The bloke that is putting the new engine in has just said that it doesnt work, the thingbob spinning thing :blink: had siezed up, so me gets on to the phone to the the place where I bougt it from, lets rip, :o gave him a mouthfull "oh sorry, we sent you the knakered engine you will have the new one in the next few days. " :censor: :ffs:

I mean to FLUCKING say, but at least she is getting there.

I hope :unsure: