Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paseo Help Wanted

mattwill

:o hi, i have already asked this a few months back but know one replied, so i thought i would ask again. i have a 1996 paseo and i am looking for an engine conversion, i think the starlet turbo engine fits, but i was wondering if any1 knew wot sort of work is involved to fit it and wot is needed? i am also looking to get a body kit and a rear disk brake conversion, but have been unsucsesfull! if any1 can help that would be great!

hey matt

o....k. for the engine conversion try Fensport (01354 696968) - the 4e - fte i believe is a bolt on.... (dont quote me)

you can have the 4agze supercharged with custom work or the 3s gte 2l turbo with a lot of custom work.

Last time i checked the 4agze was £2500 from fensport fitted & the 3s was £5000 fitted.

bodykits... youve got Xracing, Booster, Jetspeed are the main kits. pics & details are available on www.paseopimp.com.

i think someone on paseopime did a rear brake conversion but i cant remember who.

J

Engines:

5E-FHE from a Sera (110bhp) - guessing very easy

4E-FTE from a Starlet Turbo (135bhp as std) - moderately easy.

I've fitted a 4E-FTE to my Sera - been quite easy so far, having to fit a bonnet scoop for the top mounted intercooler.

Andrew

(Norwich, UK)

:D thanx for that ill give fensport a call then! either of you wouldnt happen to know what sort of performance the 4efte engine gives when in a paseo would you? ie. 0-60 and top end?

As I said, I've just done the conversion and bought the bits myself in Japan...

The Starlet - under 900kg, 6s 0-60 135bhp

The Sera is a little heavier, but has a lower frontal area. The 25bhp increase is well worth it.#

Top speed - academic really as its illegal unless on a racetrack or autobahn.

If you want a quote for mechanicals, just let me know.

You will need a bonnet vent or front mounted intercooler. Pros and cons either way.

Hey Matwill!

Another 'Seo, its getting better! :D

Don't forget that X-Racing are currently developing a new kit for the 2 Gen which is based on the Veilside Celica kit if you're after something new. :)

Personally my favourite is the Booster kit. B)

As for brakes I seem to remember that a search on the POTN site brought something up but I could be wrong! :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

oh rite, wots the veilside celica like? any good? where can i find some pics of one? also when are they expecting to get it done? sonds good for the performance, ill let you know when i get round to doing the conv about the parts!

thanx.

sorry it took so long to reply, been on holiday!

Check out the Veilside website for that one. Have you got an induction kit? Trying to decide which one to get - looks like its between K&N & Green.

Hope your hol was good! B)