Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trip Computer.

theenemywithin

Each time i go for a drive my trip computer tells me i'm getting more and more miles to the gallon. At the minute it says i'm doing 33.5MPG!!!!!

This can't be right.

Last week it said 32.0MPG.

Has anyone else had silly readings like this?

If so what did you do about it? :eek::eek::eek:

I've noticed my T-Spirit increasing.

Was at around 35 when I got her, now I get anything from around 38 to 42!!!!

But that is a 1.6 lump.... :D

BTW mines at 6K miles now....

trip computer ? guess this is an item in the 04 model only or have i missed something ?

As far as I'm aware all Cts have it, mine does and it's an '03 model. As long as you don't have full colour sat nave you just need to press 'TRIP' next to the radio read out. It gives you the ave speed, ave MPG and current MPG. :thumbsup:

Oh BTW, I've been getting about 32-34, depending on the traffic after work 'cos some days it's a steady run in and home.

When mine was plugged in, it was giving me readings from anything from 18 - 88mpg (btw it was giving me a reading of 71mpg on the motorway at 80mph!!! work that one out???? :help: )

Do what i did, unplug it, and change it for something more useful...

BIGGER STEREO!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Bing

:thumbsup:

Yep mine seems to have been going mad recently. I hadn't reset it for a month or so and it was on 34.5 mpg for ages - which I thought was pretty good. Then about 3 weeks ago it started to go up a little bit everytime I drove it.

It was up to 39.5mpg on the way into work this morning! I guess you could reset the trip computer (by holding the button in) but I'm going to leave mine to see how high it goes. It'll look really impressive when I sell it and say it does over 40mpg :thumbsup:

How do I get the MPG..etc to show up on my Sat nav system? I've heard the sat nav can display the MPG. However, can't seem to find that info in the sat nav manual?

Anyone?

trip computer ? guess this is an item in the 04 model only or have i missed something ?

As far as I'm aware all Cts have it, mine does and it's an '03 model. As long as you don't have full colour sat nave you just need to press 'TRIP' next to the radio read out. It gives you the ave speed, ave MPG and current MPG. :thumbsup:

Oh BTW, I've been getting about 32-34, depending on the traffic after work 'cos some days it's a steady run in and home.

.... That would be the the reason i dont have one...

Man i must drive my car too fast, only been getting 32.8 or something, never ever had it doing 40 mpg, the trip computer works in 3 differnt modes, average speed, average consumption and current consumption, the reading on the screen that changes contanly is current consumption, has anyone taken a look at this in lift (6mpg!!!!) :eek:

I tend to reset my ave speed and ave consumption each full tank as well as the trip button as this gives you a good idea what your getting in each stint.

Duck...

you got it, thats silly talk :lol:

Why would you wanna have it on your own H/U anyway?? :help:

Bing

did anyone check the trip computer manually to see how acurate it is

:bookworm: I was sad and checked it last night when I filled up. Found it was fairly accurate (within about 2mpg), and who knows, I may not have got the same amount of petrol in so could be spot on.

mine is always about 28 mpg.

Do you guys go down a lot of hills ????? :lol::lol: :P

So's mine. Guess we must thrash 'em a bit more than these Sunday Drivers :P

Accylad

:wacko: I've had a my T Sport for 8 months (11,000 miles) now & the odd times I have worked the Mpg out myself it has ranged from 28 to 35 Mpg. The trip computer was never right, always saying it was doing more than it really was.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links