Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Import Buyers Help!

bunta

Hi,

I’m after a 1986 AE86 Tureno and am having a lot of trouble finding a good importer that is prepared to bring one over for me. Do any of you have any advice on who to talk to about finding such a car or know of a decent importer that I could contact?

Thanks

to be honest i think you have to be extremely lucky to find in japan to import here, they are very sought after.

Occasionally they come up for sale in the UK (ie on autotrader website etc)

Most likely way tto get one would be a private sale in Ireland (In Euro's and very expensive)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice Andrew, I dont think I want an Irish one as I dont like the fixed head lights. I have found a few for sale in Japan with the pop ups and the prices are good. The problem now is finding the right car and an importer who is prepared to bring one over for me! Wont be long now I hope! ;)

Try contacting www.seafordcarimports.com A well respected importer who'll source whatever you want, they'll register and get it on the road for you as well if needed.

Bunta,

If you want to contact me I maybe able to help you out, I'm going out to Japan in 3 weeks and might be able to get one for you. Bear in mind though that it'll need SVAing to register it and I'm not sure what will be required on one of those, I've not bought one of these in.

Basically importing is what I do !

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bunta,

As it happens, I'm looking at importing an AE86 from Japan myself at the moment, either to keep or sell on.

I've been looking at the Jap auction sites (I have access), and there are a quite a few AE86s for sale.

If you let me know exactly what you're looking for (colour/year/condition/Trueno/Levin etc), and how much you're budget will run to, I'll keep an eye out while I'm searching.

I will be importing the car myself.

Cheers,

SC

Hi all,

Following on from my previous post, I've just purchased a nice clean Levin at a Jap auction.

See here...

Corolla Levin GT-Apex

134,905km, Sun Roof, Aircon, Power Windows, Power Steering.

According to the notes....

Timing belt changed at 128338km, , aftermarket muffler, low down suspension, aftermarket alloys.

If anyone's interested give me a shout, but it'll be 2-3 weeks before it arrives in the UK.

Cheers,

SC

Hi,

I'm not sure about the price as yet, as I don't have all the expenses in, and there may be some work to do on the car (hope not), other than converting the speedo/odo, rewiring the foglights, and the other usual stuff for getting it road legal for the UK.

It looks to be in good nick. At auction it was a grade 3, which is pretty good.

Most AE86s that I've seen, go through at R or R/1 grade (repaired).

I forgot to mention in my previous post, that it's an '85 facelift model.

All I can say is, that I doubt whether it'll be less than £4k, but shouldn't be more than £5k. (Although I am tempted to eBay it).

The car will be in Addlestone, Surrey.

Feel free to e-mail me. Remove (nospam) from address.

AE86imports@(nospam)yahoo.com

Cheers,

SC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links