Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Locking Nuts Help

steve o

hi

i have just bought a celica 2.0 gt and the bloke that i bought it off, did not give me the key to remove the locking wheel nut.

i have tried to get a key off my local toyota dealer but they need a four diget code and i do not have the code. i just woundered is any other way of removing them.

any quick fix hints and tips would be much appreciated

Ps.

i think that they are standard toyota locking nuts (underneath the cap they have three holes in the face of the nut)

thanx

Welcome to the club.

Sounds like ur in trouble :blink: did u try calling the guy back about the key?

Ain't got a clue... but enjoy!!

Sure someone will come up with some clever idea soon.

:group-cuddles:

Shelly :thumbsup:

my nephew had the same problem with his civic, he lost his wheel nut key so he found this guy down kent that took the nuts off for him using this tool, he said that the guy was reluctant to let him see him take it off....

thats all i know, if you don't mind going down kent i can ask him for you

:thumbsup:

And i don't think the poor like u is going to travel to Kent... duh!

You will have to go ask around, or just wait for someone else to reply you tomorrow...

Good luck.

What sort of locking nuts are they?, 3 hole with a rotating sleeve, splines down the side etc?? if you can tell me more about them i might be able to help....

I had the exact same problem and was told I would have to get them drilled off. What I did instead was get what I'd describe as a big hole punch(not the paper type) and angle it about 40 degree in one of the holes and then hit it with an hammer. It did the trick, just be careful not to slip or you will mark your wheels.

Someone may have a better idea but if you try it good luck.

Tony

what you need is a set of impact sockets and a good hammer , hit a socket slightly smaller than the wheel nut over it then use the ratchet to remove it. :thumbsup:

i got mines off with a big chisel and hammer but be careful not to mark your wheels it takes a little brute strengh thats all or go to local garage and ask them to do it for you im sure they wont charge much :thumbsup:

now that is funny. :lol::lol::lol:

mate just destroy them to get em off chisel that sliding housing off first, get a socket set and hit a socket smaller than the size of the wheel nut over it , once you get it moving , a pair of mole grips will shift it , jack up the car first to take the weight off the wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links