Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Double Din Slot

grahmmie

Hi, I have a 96 Corolla hatchback auto.

Down under the heating controls there's a plastic boxy tape cassette holder. Does anybody know if this area is actually a double din area? :huh:

I've removed that area and the side mounting brackets on this cassette box seem to have screw holes in exactly the same place as my single din slot. The dimensions roughly look double din but im not sure. I dont have a double din device to try. It's just a plastic cassette box isnt much use to me as I have incar mp3. I'd prefer to make better use of it.

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

LOL well i have a 1999 Corolla AE101R and it has like this plastic tape holder also. I decided to take the whole thing out, removed the brakets from the tape deck and the casette plastic thing. I brought this new Fujitsu Ten 37808 6 stack CD Changer/tape deck Double Din deck, and yeah it fits fine. I'm not sure about your model, cause i aint familuar of overseas model, but yeah i even put the same double din deck in my widebody camry 1993 model and it sided in perfectly also LOL...

:lol:

Cool :) Cheers for that :thumbsup:

I'll have to see if I can get hold of a double din device just to try and see if it fits now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links