Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nissan Pulsar

Markturbo

it's alright to defend the car but don't stoop so low as to post pics of him in his car..... :D :D :D

i sense a disturbance in the force, The Nissan owners may strike back on TOC...

*pssschhh* *pschoooo* Rossgti-r tells his pulsar spamtroopers to spam spam spam!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EmR2T

• ROSSGTIR

• EarL

• KiwiMR2

Wondered why this thread was so long...... it sucks. (I was going to say, just like your hair, but that wouldn't be sensible now would it.)

Wondered why this thread was so long...... it sucks. (I was going to say, just like your hair, but that wouldn't be sensible now would it.)

???

Who's hair? I can't determine whther this is a reference to hairdresser's or the hair on the photo of taxi dude :)

....I was basically taking the ***** out of the whole topic. I couldn't care how anyone has their hair - but I think you knew that.

I apologise for digging up this dead thread.

Hehehe...this thread is a laugh :P

IMO there OK looking...with a nice set of rims & some tints they can look quite nice. Power wise assuming you can find one with decent Km's & not thrashed there good for low-mid 13's in standard trim.....much like the gen III mr2's (with a MINT launch however)

There not that heavy......1260kg to 1280kg depending on spec etc, some of the fully optioned MR2's weigh more ;)

Engine wise the Sr20det is just as good as the 3sgte with regards to modding but talking BIG MAX power I'd bet the 3sgte would be able to produce more as from memory the SR has an aluminum block vs the cast iron of the 3S?? the stock drivetrain & clutch would be long gone in the quest for high hp vs the 3S. Either way the respond well to mods and are a peice of cake to hit the 12's in. Gearbox is a weak point & is better for drags then high speed too. There a bit of a pain to work on but the MR2 ain't exactly easy either :)

This will make all you MR2 chaps REALLY laugh ;)

http://www.10goldstars.com/nissan-pulsar-g...eview-4904.html

Cheers

KiwiMR2

damn...

that was a long read but interestin...

not many MR2 lovers there!.. :lol:

Hehehe...indeed, some REALLY REALLY bad/in-correct info being talked about in that lot!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

damn...

that was a long read but interestin...

not many MR2 lovers there!..  :lol:

Hehehe...indeed, some REALLY REALLY bad/in-correct info being talked about in that lot!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Welcome to the internet :P :D

stock for stock a pulsar is the same over the 1/4 mile as the rev 1/2, the rev 3 onwards is quicker, fact. above 80 the mr2 is quicker, with standard absolute ******* brakes and dodgy suspension the pulsar is not that good on the 'twisties', but when those are sorted they are very fast. they can hit 300bhp very easily, but that's when they get expensive.

2 totally different beasts, not really comparable

Just for info... my mate is the senior test and development engineer at Nissan UK. He informs me that Nissan made the biggest mistake of all time with the GTi-R by sticking the intercooler on top of the engine. Test upon test, in different climates and conditions actually proved that the 'intercooler' was actually an 'interheater'! FACT. The charge temps were actually being increased! DOH! :lol:

Get a GTi-R on a damp drag strip and it will leave us for dead... but in the dry... it is not the beast it is being made out to be, certainly not in stock form. Everyone would like to think their car is the quickest in the world, and will obviously not like another enthusiast from a different manufacturer slating yours... it's human nature. One way to prove it... GROUP THRASH AT SANTA POD!!!

I'd put mine up against a GTi-R any day. I've eaten scarier cars than that! :lol:

stock for stock a pulsar is the same over the 1/4 mile as the rev 1/2, the rev 3 onwards is quicker, fact

Most stock Type II's Iv'e seen are hard pressed without a PERFECT launch to hit 13's....Iv'e seen MANY GTiR's in the 13's in standard trim.

He informs me that Nissan made the biggest mistake of all time with the GTi-R by sticking the intercooler on top of the engine. Test upon test, in different climates and conditions actually proved that the 'intercooler' was actually an 'interheater'! FACT. The charge temps were actually being increased! DOH!

Why the GTiR and not all the other car's with top mount interclloers?? Wrx.....most Subarus, Caldina GT-T, etc etc

CHeers

KiwiMR2

Top mount intercoolers are not a good idea on any car... but sometimes a designer is limited by space, cost etc. I can only speak for certain about the Nissan, as he has access to the test reports... and when I said the biggest mistake of all time... I meant for Nissan.

While the intercooler sits on top of the engine, it is above the cylinder head, exhaust manifold and turbo... and the heat is only going to rise... certainly not helped by the vented bonnet designed to drag that air upwards to get it out. To get it out though, it has to go through the intercooler.

If cost wasn't an issue, they'd have fitted the intercooler at the front of the car... but then the route of the air has gone from the shortest route to the inlet manifold down to the front of the car... increasing turbo lag due to the increased pipework. There is always a compromise when designing and building cars and engines.

was looking at a Banzai from 2002 last night, it had a GTIR on the cover "0 -100 in 9.9 Sec

reading the article there were about 8 cars, supposedly the very best in the country, the fastest got 13.49 or about their for the 1/4 mile the rest were high 13's and 14s.

But, these were the 'best in the UK' their lists of mods read like a HKS sales leaflet. There was only one guy running stock boost, with induction and exhaust and his car was in the 15s.

was looking at a Banzai from 2002 last night, it had a GTIR on the cover "0 -100 in 9.9 Sec

reading the article there were about 8 cars, supposedly the very best in the country, the fastest got 13.49 or about their for the 1/4 mile the rest were high 13's and 14s.

But, these were the 'best in the UK' their lists of mods read like a HKS sales leaflet. There was only one guy running stock boost, with induction and exhaust and his car was in the 15s.

Damn....that sounds bad!!

Here is the NZ club.....some pretty impressive rides & times :)

http://www.ggon.net/

Cheers

KiwiMR2

But, these were the 'best in the UK' their lists of mods read like a HKS sales leaflet.  There was only one guy running stock boost, with induction and exhaust and his car was in the 15s.

Damn....that sounds bad!!

Here is the NZ club.....some pretty impressive rides & times :)

http://www.ggon.net/

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I take it by bad you mean bad as in Samuel Jackson 'Baaaaaaad mutha *******'? bad?

heres a summary

decided to work it out in tru scientific fashion, there were 9 cars, i didn't count the fastest times for each thing 0-60, 0-100 & 1/4 mile, also deducted the slowest times

heres the averages (FOR THE BEST BANZIA COULD FIND IN THE UK!)

0 -60 = 4.93

0 -100 = 13.35

1/4 = 13.76

so when the fastest cars mods are :-

forged pistons

lightened and balanced crank, rods, flywheel and clutch

ported head

DP-spec cams

apexi metal headgasket

raceware head studs

HKS superpowerflow

apexi boost controller

piston dump valve & external wastegate

apexi front mounted intercooler

hybrid turbo running 1.85bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apexi fuel pump

Apexi fuel controller

purple injectors

HKS Iridium plugs

Tubular manifold

Decat & exhaust

Organic clutch

and his times were 0 -60 4.66 0-100 9.88 1/4 12.97

I bet if you spent that cash on a tubby it'd toast it, especially if you put 1.8 Bar boost through it for the day :)

Lol this thread is ace, I love it when peeps start getting the wave the willy factor out.

Rally based cars are never good looking machines, but the GTiR is especially ugly. 0-60 times the Mr2 is obviously faster, 5.2 opposed to 5.6, but the stock 1/4 mile of the Gtir is 13.7 not sure of Mr2's you guys know best.

I'd also say the 3S-GTE is a better engine, it can produce more power without modifying the internals and is less likely than the GTiR to melt pistons (very common!).

As already pointed out, interwarmers are a bad idea. But pretty much all the jap cars have em, with the exception of Mitsubishi's and larger Nissans which are very nearly wing mounted (like my Nissan :)). Toyota really likes interwarmers. Only good thing about them is crisper throttle and less lag.

My vote is with the MR2, it looks so much better, despite being labled a hair dressers car.

When it comes to performance and handling, its all down to driver ability in the end so saying whats fastest doesn't really add up. If you have a muppet in a Ferrari and a decent driver in the Mr2 then the MR2 will win. Same applies with MR2 vs GTiR.

300ZX a boat? It will match the pulsar to 60 then probably hump it up to 100! What was that muppet on about!

That fastest was probably just what cars they could find, no doubt there are faster. Problem with putting that much stuff into a RWD car is traction, you will no doubt have trouble putting the power down in an MR2 whereas the Pulsar or any 4wd car will just launch.

I watched a video of 200SX's doing 1/4 runs, the near stock car was putting down faster 1/4 miles than the car with 400BHP! Purely due to traction. Although MR2's put the power down far better than 200's! :thumbsup:

0-60 times the Mr2 is obviously faster, 5.2 opposed to 5.6, but the stock 1/4 mile of the Gtir is 13.7 not sure of Mr2's you guys know best.

You'd be hard pressed to get a Type II into the 13's stock...type III about the same as the GTiR.

I'd also say the 3S-GTE is a better engine, it can produce more power without modifying the internals and is less likely than the GTiR to melt pistons (very common!).

Agreed but on par up to around 400-500 hp then the 3sgte is more proven from there.

When it comes to performance and handling, its all down to driver ability in the end so saying whats fastest doesn't really add up. If you have a muppet in a Ferrari and a decent driver in the Mr2 then the MR2 will win. Same applies with MR2 vs GTiR.

Again agreed....GTiR has CRAP brakes stock...a good hard run through the twistys and I'd expect brake fad to set in far earlier that the MR2.

300ZX a boat? It will match the pulsar to 60 then probably hump it up to 100! What was that muppet on about!

Ya reakon....Im sure the TT version is 14's stock?? Motorway.......above 50kph pulls and the 300zx would eat it.......assuming it can get traction ;)

Problem with putting that much stuff into a RWD car is traction, you will no doubt have trouble putting the power down in an MR2 whereas the Pulsar or any 4wd car will just launch.

In most case's......but as you mention the MR2 is a different kettle of fish with all the weight over the rear wheels.....the !Removed! can verifiy that as in the land of the rising sun the MR2's get placed in the 4wd class to pull there 9 & 10 sec quarters :D

I like XXX vs XXX comparrisons....always brings out each cars "special" things :P

Cheers

KiwiMR2

One way to prove it... GROUP THRASH AT SANTA POD!!!

I'd put mine up against a GTi-R any day. I've eaten scarier cars than that! :lol:

Top man!

Let's 'ave 'em. Put up or shut up! :!Removed!:

I'm up for it, and mine's not far off standard. :lol::lol:

LOL you lot bite easily :lol:

Pulsar.... off the line i should think it would have an mr2, being 4x4 they dont have to worry about tracktion much.... should think the mr2 would then catch up due to the pulsars 100000000% transmission loss :rolleyes:

I have two mates, one had a 340bhp pulsar, the other a 240bhp mr2T... MR2 beat the Pulsar once they were going.

I looked at them a while ago, but came to the conclusion it would bore me to tears, i like RWD fun too much ;) As for the looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so arguing about its pretty pointless ;) Myself i think they look ok, not a thing of eligance like the 2, but has a certain gurr appeal.

Do like the GTIR engines though, cos its near identical to the one in my sx B) didnt know the R used the GTI gearbox though, would explain why they are so fragile....

Each to their own though.....