Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


  • Join Toyota Owners Club

    Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

     

     

At last... The new car is home!


CPN
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just checked the Toyota app and my YC Premiere is on the way to Derbyshire, unfortunately it will be too late for my holiday in a weeks time. My C-HR would give 60-70mpg on a run, my present RAV4 50-60mpg so it will be interesting to see what the YC will give based on what is being reported on here. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, ColinB said:

Just checked the Toyota app and my YC Premiere is on the way to Derbyshire, unfortunately it will be too late for my holiday in a weeks time. My C-HR would give 60-70mpg on a run, my present RAV4 50-60mpg so it will be interesting to see what the YC will give based on what is being reported on here. 

In my experience the tracking data in the app is some days behind where your vehicle actually is.

Mine still said it was at the port when I got the call from the dealer to say they had received it.

Over the course of the next few days the status changed a few times, all the whole knowing that it was actually already at the dealers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ColinB said:

Just checked the Toyota app and my YC Premiere is on the way to Derbyshire, unfortunately it will be too late for my holiday in a weeks time. My C-HR would give 60-70mpg on a run, my present RAV4 50-60mpg so it will be interesting to see what the YC will give based on what is being reported on here. 

It might not be a world of difference from your CHR at first but it will improve with age.  They also seem to react quite well to high grade petrol.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the Blue Demon was certainly living up to its nickname today! For most of the way back on our 200 mile round trip it kept hovering around 66.6 mpg on the display!! The beast himself :devil2:

As we pulled in to the fuel station it was reading 66.8 mpg on the dash. When I got home and calculated it properly, it came out at my best tankful yet at 63.5 mpg! :clapping:So, the dashboard is almost exactly 5% overreading... (all that was mostly with the cruise control set to 66 mph :naughty: on the dash) which seems to be the "sweet spot" for this car. Excellent figures and close to what Toyota claim from their tests actually... (for the 130 powertrain)

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! wow and wow again!!! :yahoo:

Have I gone mad you ask? Well. maybe just a little!

I have just spent the best part of an hour sat in my car in the garage giving the JBL sound system a good shakedown, checking out the volume set to "max" (so you don't have to...) and boy! Am I impressed!!! :blowup:

Having dumped my whole music catalogue (23Gb!) onto a 32Gb USB C stick (why the size limit these days?!!) and plugged it in the left hand port, I cranked up the volume and gave the system a good workout! Even at max volume playing Kashmir (live at the Celebration Day concert!) not a single vibration or distortion from this wicked JBL sound system!!!

Every single album in my collection came up correctly with the correct art work and it was easy to hop around between albums/tracks! I had also forgotten how many good pop videos I had dotted around too and they played superbly on screen! (not sure if that's a good idea whilst driving of course! :naughty:) but hey! What's not to like!

Having adjusted the equalizer to mobile disco levels (with all the windows down of course! 🤣) the tonal quality is just immense! (hope the neighbours liked it! 🙃)

I finished off by watching the start of Blade Runner (the original) after flipping around the video section and the playback quality is really good... :clapping:

I'm just slightly deaf now so you'll have to speak up.... :help:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 6/29/2024 at 9:36 AM, ColinB said:

Just checked the Toyota app and my YC Premiere is on the way to Derbyshire, unfortunately it will be too late for my holiday in a weeks time. My C-HR would give 60-70mpg on a run, my present RAV4 50-60mpg so it will be interesting to see what the YC will give based on what is being reported on here. 

I'm pretty happy with my Yaris. Dash says its averaging 78.9 even with that 5% overreading it's still 74.9! Its crazy!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CPN said:

Wow! wow and wow again!!! :yahoo:

Have I gone mad you ask? Well. maybe just a little!

I have just spent the best part of an hour sat in my car in the garage giving the JBL sound system a good shakedown, checking out the volume set to "max" (so you don't have to...) and boy! Am I impressed!!! :blowup:

Having dumped my whole music catalogue (23Gb!) onto a 32Gb USB C stick (why the size limit these days?!!) and plugged it in the left hand port, I cranked up the volume and gave the system a good workout! Even at max volume playing Kashmir (live at the Celebration Day concert!) not a single vibration or distortion from this wicked JBL sound system!!!

Every single album in my collection came up correctly with the correct art work and it was easy to hop around between albums/tracks! I had also forgotten how many good pop videos I had dotted around too and they played superbly on screen! (not sure if that's a good idea whilst driving of course! :naughty:) but hey! What's not to like!

Having adjusted the equalizer to mobile disco levels (with all the windows down of course! 🤣) the tonal quality is just immense! (hope the neighbours liked it! 🙃)

I finished off by watching the start of Blade Runner (the original) after flipping around the video section and the playback quality is really good... :clapping:

I'm just slightly deaf now so you'll have to speak up.... :help:

I thought I could hear Glastonbury but couldn’t understand why it was coming from the north east 🤔

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just a small celebration today as the Blue Demon reached its first milestone in the average mpg stakes!

It's worth noting that the Red Baron took 48 fillups before hitting the same >60mpg milestone...

Screenshot2023-09-06181859.thumb.png.be48e3e8748e214bdb77f40a048bf91b.png

whereas it has only taken 13 fillups in the Blue Demon :clap:

image.thumb.png.ca9dc6ec3ccab581f505a82cd1433afc.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

...and there it is after just 15 fill-ups... (total calculated average - drum roll.....)

image.thumb.png.e4f9f31787ffa6fc8ff5a7ffa1f8cd12.png

That's a full 4 mpg better than the Red Baron managed for all the time we had it!

:clapping::yahoo::devil2:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My conclusion from that is that yes, the 130 powertrain can be more economical than the 115... (that's a 7.5% uplift) Red Baron's final total was 55.9mpg across 63 fill-ups.

P.S. Bear in mind that those two fuelly graphics I posted previously were both consumption over the last 10 fill-ups...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! The Fuelly Badge has updated quick today! :clapping:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2024 at 6:32 PM, CPN said:

So, the dashboard is almost exactly 5% overreading... (all that was mostly with the cruise control set to 66 mph :naughty: on the dash) which seems to be the "sweet spot" for this car. Excellent figures and close to what Toyota claim from their tests actually... (for the 130 powertrain)

In my previous car I found that tyre pressure made a difference, and also changing between my summer and winter tyres.  Presumably due to a marginal difference in rolling radius.  I did exactly the same regular journey, with one set on the odometer showed 260 miles, the other it read 272 miles.  Google maps said it was somehwre in between.  So your actual consumption may also depend on the actual distance travelled, the average fuel consumption as calculated by the car and the quantity of fuel you actually used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I try and remove as many variables as I can when I do my calculations and don't just leave it to what the car is telling me.

1 hour ago, Gren said:

In my previous car I found that tyre pressure made a difference, and also changing between my summer and winter tyres.

Tried changing pressures but it made absolutely no difference. My winter tyres are the exact same dimensions and profile as the tyres supplied with the car so there is no difference in the rolling circumference when I change them. (the only real measure that would make a difference)

1 hour ago, Gren said:

 Presumably due to a marginal difference in rolling radius.

Perhaps you mean rolling resistance? (I've never seen or heard of "rolling radius" applied to tyre technology - rolling circumference seems to be the preferred term in terms of physical dimensions). Rolling resistance may indeed be the marginal difference which would affect mpg and that would depend on the compound and build. I keep my tyres at the standard 31 front 29 rear recommended for the Yaris and the tyres supplied on my model and monitor them constantly. So at least I am keeping that variable as constant as I can (allowing for temperature variation of course - on a run, they rise to 35/33psi usually).

1 hour ago, Gren said:

 I did exactly the same regular journey, with one set on the odometer showed 260 miles, the other it read 272 miles.  Google maps said it was somewhere in between.  So your actual consumption may also depend on the actual distance travelled, the average fuel consumption as calculated by the car and the quantity of fuel you actually used.

The only (possibly/probably) inaccurate variable that comes into my own calculations every time is the odometer but at least that is the same for every time and so reliable for comparison purposes. I never rely on the dashboard telling me anything about mpg at all and always fill up using the same visual methodology (to the exact same point in the filler neck) at every fill up using the exact same fuel from the exact same filling station. This has been the same (long journeys) for us over the last year at 97 miles each way (long domestic story) which has spanned the old car (Red Baron) and the new car (Blue Demon) so again, fair for comparison (in between, very few local journeys - trying to walk as much as possible to try and keep fit!).

So, I would suggest that my findings are as accurate as I can make them given the conditions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share







×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership