Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Ae86

ZeeSpeed

hi.

after a long search of 3 years for an AE86 and having owned TA40's, EP82 turbos, an AE92 i finally found a 1987 AE86 that was for sale and bought it the very next day.

The car is generally good condition and has had 1 owner for 17 years, but its needs a bit of TLC now. The exhaust front pipe needs replacing and the car needs a new clutch.

i was wondering where to get my front pipe from. i called fensport and they said its a main dealer item only(despite the website saying its £89.95) and the dealer wants £200. what are my alternatives? I was thinking of a HKS Silent HiPower muffler (£400) and was wondering if that is a complete system from the manifold? or i was also thinkin of a complete TODA Racing manifold and exhaust for about £1100.

One other thing, I am lookin to replace the rear 1/4 panels and boot lid. i have noticed that the fensport prices are exactly the same as dealer prices. why is this? also, as for the tailgate i was lookin at the j-blood tailgate since it will accept normal locks and struts. does anybody have any recommendations as to where to get body panels such as wings, sills, 1/4 panels, tailgates from?

i hope you guys can help me. i'll be posting some pics here soon.

Lucky Man having found a E reg and all.

As for exhaust the £1100 Toda might be a bit more than you need on your standard engine you could go with an Apexi full system for about half that.

That HKS system you will probably find is Cat back the same as any Jap exhaust just means we have to buy a Cat replacement pipe or have a piece made to bridge the gap.

As far as I understand rear quaters are no longer available you have to buy from US or Canada. As for a J-Blood tailgate go for it I have the bonnet and its fit is close to a metal one I wish I had got one for my car instead of the Fensport thing.

For parts try www.takakaira.co.jp I have ordered a fair bit from them and they've never given me any trouble. Watch out for customs when you parts get here though.

Jay

Hey Zee,

Team DANCO can get Quarters in from Japan through our contact in the toyota maindealers.

They are cash up front ONLY and there is a delay in shipping of about a month or so.

Also if your quarters (outer wheel arch) is rusty, youll probably need new outer WHEEL HOUSINGS! They are the hard bit to find and a !Removed! to fabricate if need be.

We restore AE86s so WE KNOW!

email me on pjturner @ yahoo . com if your interested in investing in your ae86.

BOZAL and WALKER do complete AE86 exhaust systems. Standard systems that is and downpipes. Boomplustoys in America do a standard system in SS.

Congrats on your purchase.

Peter

well i've got a hyper rev catalog for the Levin/trueno. Its full of stuff for the AE86. Also, on auctions.yahoo.co.jp there is so much stuff there for the AE86. If only i could bid for it!

I think im gonna get the car mechanically spot on before doin any power mods and body repairs. i'm gonna have to save up to make sure i get the car exactly as i want it to be. And i know im gonna end up spending £££'s

I just love the car, i'm so happy with my purchase. I dont think i could get a better car for £3500.

in the 4 weeks i've owned the car, ive had at least one person every week knocking on my door asking if im willing to sell her. :D

Your car sounds very nice. Get used to people asking if it's for sale...

If you want a standard OEM exhaust, I have a front pipe and rear section, both less than a year old and had very little use, almost as good as new. Don't pay £200 for a front pipe! That's ridiculous money!