Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-sport Dyno Test

Imek

Today I had my T-Sport tested.

Here's what I got:

Standard: 190HP @7500 rpm torqe: 191 Nm @6650 rpm

With K&N air filter: 195 HP @7800; torqe 195 Nm @6700

At lower revs (till 3600) with K&N torque and power are 1HP, 4Nm lower than with standard air filter.

3600-4500 power and torque are almost the same.

from 4500 - up you have 4-5 hp, 4-5 Nm gain in comparison with standard air filter.

with a CAI of injen, it can make like 12HP

check it in the INJEN.COM.... search in the dynotest section, MATRIX XRS<----it have the same motor 2zz-ge! :blink:

kurtsi: K&N is a replacement for standard paper air filter.

spwolf: I don't know what was the power at the wheels, but i'll try to get this data.

Imek have you done anything with the hoses that take the air to the airbox? Some of those hoses are designed to reduce noise and speed of the air and i have substitute them with other straight hoses

No, I did nothing to other parts of the system.

I checked all the parts and it turned out that it is exactly the same as in my dad's Corolla 1.4 (incl. air filter)!!!

That might mean that our cars are suffocating with standard air intake.

• 1 month later...

I've also tested my Corolla TS (stock)

In Germany we've got other standards :

192hp @ 7600 rpm and 180 nm @ 6800 rpm

tested was only the horsepower : 193 hp !! @ 7800rpm :D :D :D (great performance ! :lol: )

tested @ 1000 km

two other TS tested have also 193 hp ?!?!?!?

tested was only the horsepower : 193 hp !! @ 7800rpm :D :D :D (great performance ! :lol: )

tested @ 1000 km

Hey, good results u and Imek got. But why has his acheived 11Nm more than yours at a lower RPM as well?

Looks like you gained BHP but lost the most important torque...i know u said stock, but did u have an induction kit on???

Whats the factory figure?

I think that the torque figures vary from one rolling road to another.

Similar torque to mine was mesured in one hungarian mag, whereas BBC mesured exactly the same power as mine (stock 189 hp).

I took my measurements on one of the latest (in terms of technology), newest and most accurate dynos in Poland, but as the guys said - everything counts: air temp, air pressure, humidity, and who knows what else...

tested @ 1000 km

hey acidman,

Good nick.

Tell me, how can you test only hp without torque? The dyno had to be real crap, or am I missing something?

Whats the factory figure?

180nm @ 6800rpm is the factory figure !

In Germany our ECU is programmed different !

The dyno had to be real crap

Yes it is :D

But the the results are real ! We've got a Toyota-meeting , and everybody can put his car on the dyno for free. So , most of the stock-cars have the original hp tested. So , if the dyno is "real **** " there would be fantasy-results :D

We've got also tuned Supra MkIII on the dyno with 210 and 220 KW. The results are also measured on a other (better) dyno !

I wonder that all TS's have really about 192 hp ! I've heard that there would be "big" variations in the original-hp !?!?!? Some spoke that "some" TS have only about 170hp when it factory released ?!!?!?

everything counts: air temp, air pressure, humidity, and who knows what else...

Yes , that's right !

You can measure your car on the same dyno and you'll get 3 or 4 different results ! But the tendency will alll be the same.

I hope you understand all of my great english language :lol::lol:

• 2 months later...

hi acidman

i love them chrome handle you have it look sweet on a black cts

nice touch :thumbsup:

did you replace the handles or was it chrome over your orginal handles? :)

First I wanna the "original" chrom handles of the jap. Runx/Alllex. But I didn't find the part number of it. :( So I took some chrome film to cover the handles.

Look at www.acid.de.tt under "Corolla TS" .... there I've got other pictures of my car (even a close-up of the handles) ... my red illuminated interieur ... special taillight covers.. TTE- hight adjustable suspension kit .... and so on :)

acidman all your mods are very well though of i can only describle it as good taste :thumbsup: especialy the adjustable suspensions" i love it " :) :thumbsup: on the photo it made the car look sooooooo low

i dont think there is anything else to improve on your cts unless you feel you need to but if you do let us all know what mod your are doing next :) :) :thumbsup:

ps : good website too i will have a go at changing the lights to orange it would help if you can made it to english :P :D

also can you tell me is the ride firm with the adjustable tte shocks cos i have the tte lower spring i dont think they work well with orginal shocks i find when going round corners in racing speed :P the shocks are way too soft the car just aint pointy :unsure:

First of all thanks for the compliments about my car :rolleyes:

So , I won't convert my page into english so far .... but the expecially the green-red-conversion of the lights is self-evident. Click the pictures and you see which screw (S) and clips (K) you have to open. And then screw out the lamps clockwise and replace the green "caps" with red ones - that's all :)

Next thing : "verdunkelte Optitron-Anzeigen" means I have darken the opitron-panel with legal "black window-film" (I hope u know what I mean ? ;) )

Cause I want that you don't see anything of the instruments when ignition is out. Normally the instruments shine through the plastic screen :(

Concerning the height adjustable suspension kit :

It's great !!!

It is naturally harder but it's even comfortable (except short bumps - but that's normal with a supspension kit) but in curves the CTS lays perfectly on the street . No pitching and tossing :D

When I had build in the kit I've got a lowering of 9cm on the rear (but normally it is only about 5cm deeper !!! I've screwed down the springs down to the lower end !!! :) ).

On the front it's the same: springs up to the lower end , but the car won't come deeper as about 5cm.

At the moment I drive with a 8cm lowering on the rear ... looks better

btw ... the supsension kit is from Eibach.

So , now you can drive the CTS even as a CTS :D and don't have an offroad-car anymore :D

let us all know what mod your are doing next

I have several mods in plan.

- aluminium parts in the car

- something concering the fullmap-navi :rolleyes:

- new rearskirt and perhaps new exhaust system (left-right)

- and a few other things ... which i won't mentioned :D :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links