Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


  • Join Toyota Owners Club

    Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

     

     

Fuel low warning


DennisJones
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RickyC said:

The problem is that when they discover that the low fluel alert start when they've still have about 7 litres they will begin to ignore it. 

"Don't panic, you still have 7 liters"....... "Don't panic, you still have 6 liters" ....... "Ok panic,  a long time ago you had 7 liters 😉"

Maybe , I did some miles with low fuel warning ⚠️ and it was  not pleasant  
Once 20 and once I think 30 miles or more and knowing that no petrol station is around at mid of the night was not good feeling at all. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I once had the light come on just as I was going down the slip road onto the M6 at Penrith. Made it to Killington Lake services (26 miles) with clenched buttocks ... where only 2 pumps were working and there was a 40 minute (as it turned out) queue for fuel. No way could I risk trying to get to the next services, so ... 45 minutes to fill up.

That was about 30 years ago and as far as I can remember I've never run a car down to the light since.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But you have to admit that situation like this really allows to master the art of low fuel consumption 😄 You can even have fun like these three gentlemen 😛 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0K8AXUEH8E 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MikeSh said:

I once had the light come on just as I was going down the slip road onto the M6 at Penrith. Made it to Killington Lake services (26 miles) with clenched buttocks ... where only 2 pumps were working and there was a 40 minute (as it turned out) queue for fuel. No way could I risk trying to get to the next services, so ... 45 minutes to fill up.

That was about 30 years ago and as far as I can remember I've never run a car down to the light since.

lol, that’s been back then like travelling in the future  and seen the daily life of ev owners in 2024  🤣, 45 min waiting for refuelling 🪫👌

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, RickyC said:

The problem is that when they discover that the low fluel alert start when they've still have about 7 litres they will begin to ignore it. 

"Don't panic, you still have 7 liters"....... "Don't panic, you still have 6 liters" ....... "Ok panic,  a long time ago you had 7 liters 😉"

Ah, but in that case Toyota are off the hook as they gave plenty of warning!! Their butts will be securely covered! :laugh: 

 

18 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Maybe , I did some miles with low fuel warning ⚠️ and it was  not pleasant  
Once 20 and once I think 30 miles or more and knowing that no petrol station is around at mid of the night was not good feeling at all. 

Ahh yes the adrenaline filled situation where the blinky fuel light comes on and you' start freaking out and the fight or flight instincts are trying to kick in to make you go faster but you have to  force yourself to go slow to try and eek out as much range as you can out of the remaining fuel, and then the panic when you see there is traffic on an uphill section and you're praying that there's enough to get you to the petrol pump...

... only to find you still had 10 litres left when you fill up and could probably have done another 50-100 miles :laugh: 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Somewhere off the A30 on my way to st Ives, first trip to Cornwall in 1971.

The 100e was getting a bit low judging by the wildly swinging needle on the fuel gauge.

This was very early morning around 5 am,no 24 hour stations in the sticks back then, so joined a queue of about 6 other old bangers all waiting for the one petrol station to open up at 8, no coffee machines or food in those types of places either, just a bleary eyed chap in a bib and braces emerging eventually and muttering something about "stupid grockles got no sense at all"

Tired, hungry,no petrol in the tank, and a long wait.

Didn't matter though, I was young and fit, and on my first road trip, so still happy.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share







×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership