Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PAULA RADCLIFFE

daktari

Is she a fighter or quiter?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is she a fighter or quiter?

• Fighter
    • Quitter
    • Whinger

IMHO she`s a quitter. The rest of the GB team managed to carry on. Why couldn`t she? Quitter i say. Bad form.

VERY hot weather............just done a marathon.........Poor girl is knackered!

Give her a break I say.

walking in greece is bad enough in that heat - let alone running 26 miles.specially tanked up still from the night before

gotta give her credit on past performance though.

TBH, I thought she did well to do what she did and has done in the past.

BUT

It kinda gets on my nerves that as soon as she looses the lead to afew people she gives up. Fair enough if it was heat exhaustion or whatever, but I think part of it is she cant take loosing 2well!

Ad

Before anyone disses the amazing girl..........Get off ya ubiks and do some long distance running...It's pure hell.

And if you saw the interview she had Quad problems so was never going to win and by pulling up has saved herself from further injury.

Quitter!! Fair enough the heat may have got to her, but wasnt she supposed to have trained for this..........??

Just what was said in the previous post - the rest of the GB team have managed to get through it......

I can't comment until I can run a marathon. She got much [*I] further than I possibly could...

Gordy. Hear what your saying but if she knew she had quad problems she should never have run in the 1st place. And your right. Distance running is not for the faint hearted. BUT. She IS an athlete. She has trained hard for years and done exceptionaly well. Credit where it`s due. But she`s still a quitter.

She made herself look like a quitter by running in a race she wasn't fit enough for. She could probably have slowed it down and finished, even if it means coming last - she'd get a lot more credit.

What annoyed me was all the comments from the sports presenters when she pulled out of the marathon 'well, she's clearly the best runner in the world, but her superiority gap wasn't big enough to let her win in these conditions - how do they expect Northern Europeans to put up with this? etc etc.' Errr, how is she 'clearly' the best in the world if everyone else managed to finish it, and she can only run well in her own country??!!!

As soon as she was interviewed, Paula said herself that she couldn't blame the course or the climate, and that she didn't feel right.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now, and say I think on the whole she's a fighter - I saw her run the London Marathon and couldn't believe the pace she was going.

She made herself look like a quitter by running in a race she wasn't fit enough for. She could probably have slowed it down and finished, even if it means coming last - she'd get a lot more credit.

True Kenno. You dont have to win a race to be a champion.

To quote a quote. It`s not the winning. It`s the participation.

Still a quitter.

whinger.... blah, blah.... i dont know what happened.... blah blah

if you enter an event your supposed to be good at and get ur @ss whupped, dont complain, take defeat gratiously and say you couldn't compete!

being an athelete is about pushing yourself to the limits and knowing your limits. if you are unfit, you will lose as top class athletes will not be beat by some half fit individual.

i train hard, go to the gym 5 times a week.... i occasionally get injured and take a couple of days off.... i dont go and train whilst im injured and then quit in the middle of it all :ffs:

I will be the first to admit that I get out of breath when my nose runs.

But like most of you armchair athletes I get so p ssed off with the accolades and praise heaped upon loosers or second place wannabe's.

The only way our country will achieve deserved Golds, is when they train and compete to WIN!! and not to be satisfied with anything else!

Consider this..... If we were all quitters what would we be driving? Class modified nice looking cared for cars? No........

FIESTAS, NOVAS and POLOS.

And we`d be wearing Burberry. :angry:

The way i see it is she is not running to please the general public,

But for her own satisfaction and to achieve her own goals.

So none of us lot have the right to question her decisions before, during or after a race.

Craig :thumbsup:

It must have been a massive decision for her to run in the 10,000 and she probably felt she owed it to herself, her team and her supporters.

Anyone that has ever done any long distance ruunning will sympathise with her.

The Mind and Spirit is willing but the body isn't.

She should have listened to what her body was telling her and not done the 10,000.

If she had 22 miles in her legs from 5 days before running another 6 miles against the best of the rest surly isn't the right decision.

But like she said if she hadn't have run and had sat on the sidelines she would have wondered if she could have done it.

She Is the best Female runner in the world but she had a bad day.

I hope she comes back Fitter, Faster and Stronger and shows all her doubters what she is really made of.

RESPECT. :thumbsup:

at the end of the day, shes better than us! and shes won alot, so you cant exactly say she is crap or owt!! greece is very hot, and this would have made her energy levels deplete more than usual, hence not being able to carry on!

its like someone like me who plays tennis throughout the summer at my local tennis courts, i find it very easy to have a long game, but when i had a game in ibiza, it was well hard and i was knackered straight away! and shes in athens and has gota run 10K in the sun, theres loadsa people who havent done well for GB, but we still respect them for trying!!

nuff said B)

ps. uknow that great ethiopian runner, GELASSI or sumthing! cant rememba, summit like that, he said he didnt wana run in athens because it was too hot in greece....and he lives in ethiopia

Dunno if its true, but there was a rumour about her possibly being pregnant as she was ill before the race. But as I said, thats only a rumour.......

Shes done longer running in hotter climates which is the thing that everyone keeps commenting on. Strange to just suddenly stop 4miles from the end. Better to finish and not win, than to drop out IMO

But fair play to her, shes an amazing athlete. I could never ever do what she does!

how can you people says she's a quitter!!!

i'd like to see you do a marathon in 40c. i now pretty damn well i couldn't; and i do run marathons.

i used to run with her when she still lived in Northwich, my heart goes out for her you cant imagine the grief she is feeling at the moment, the fact she feels like she let down all off her fans and sponsers is a big burden to carry.

OK she shouldn't of done the 10k, there was no way her body was going to recouperate in time, but she went and had a go. she is very strong minded.

no doubt she be winning more races once more very soon. and proving all you doubters wrong!!

Did the weather suddenly turn cooler for allthe other runners then?

even a Ethiopian decided to back out, cause of the tempertature.

"Everyone in our Town is very proud of her."

Just came back from Zante - Greek Island, it was hard enough walking to the bar, let alone running... Respect where it's due.

For someone thats aiming for Gold, coming 7 or whatever is pointless. And it is the winning, not the participation, otherwise it'd be pointless taking part!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links