Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Real Shame...

Jesus

WE'd all like to think we would... Right now I just hope I'm never in the situation to have to put it to the test!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karma Supra

• T V O R

• Richard K

• Jesus

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought that if I ever killed anyone while driving (even if it wasn't my fault) that I would NEVER drive again. Wether I would actually carry through on that I hope I never find out.

If i killed a teenager with a hood and baseball cap i wouldnt care :wacko:

Thank goodness for some humour!

:lol:

I was going to post a piccy that would have been the ultimate in bad taste and poor timing.. but I thought better of it :lol:

PS; I’m not religious in any way shape or form but I think your username is disrespectful (no offence intended or implied, just my opinion)

Nickname at school. Besides, if you're not religious why should the name be disrespectful? You are associating the name with religion, although you are not in anyway religious. Jesus happens to be a very popular name in Turkey and elsewhere... do you find these people who happened to be given the name from birth also offensive? And you think you're the-voice-of-reason. No offence taken.

It may well be a popular name in Turkey (a Muslim country) but you’re in Bedfordshire!

If it’s someone’s birth name then no, I’m not offended.

I just think it could be disrespectful to any Christian believers on here, regardless whether or not it’s a nick name, or maybe I’m being to PC?

In same way I wouldn’t use a name of a figure head of any other religious following like Hindu, Muslim Sikhs Mormons etc

Like I said, it’s just my opinion, and I take no offence to your last comment.

:thumbsup:

Your joking right?

I dont think anybody cares what muslims think anyway atleast i dont :thumbsup:

I’m keeping very quiet on that one! :!Removed!:

Is there an olympic worm can opening event? :D

Think so Karma!!!

Anyway, Its interesting to see peoples reactions to "only get Death by Dangerous Driving" - what we all DONT know here is the full facts - only what some journalist, who will know minimal 3rd party information, has printed.

What you have to bear in mind is: we all make MISTAKES and ERRORS: thats why the Death by Dangerous Driving is a good offence. The suspected driver may have been arrested on suspicion of Murder or Manslaughter, or even the Death by Dangerous - who knows? All i can say is its actually nice to read a thread like this and see some proper sensible arguments!!!

By the way - it is TOTALLY feasible that as a driver you can knock someone over and not know about it, hence carry on driving. It happens to cyclists and pedestrians, motorcyclists and small car drivers EVERY SINGLE DAY....theres loads of factors if you think about it: was the driver playing loud music? were windows tinted heavily? weather and road conditions? visibility and obstructions to drivers view or childs view? Think about a large vehicle hitting a cyclist - they wont even feel it or hear it!

Anyway, carry on all.....

i got knocked of my bike by a bus, i was inside it IN THE CYCLE LANE!!! the bus started coming in to the cycle lane pushing me into the curb, i was by the door, so i started banging on it with my fist and shouting, the driver didn't even notice me. ******* then proceeded to knock me off, a passenger then alerted him, he braked, took a look at me getting up then drove off!!! I reported him to the police they say it happens several times a day in Oxford and isn't worth following up unless your injured. :eek:

so yes even so called 'professional' drivers can hit people, bikes etc and not even notice AND drive off.

i got knocked of my bike by a bus, i was inside it IN THE CYCLE LANE!!! the bus started coming in to the cycle lane pushing me into the curb, i was by the door, so i started banging on it with my fist and shouting, the driver didn't even notice me. ******* then proceeded to knock me off, a passenger then alerted him, he braked, took a look at me getting up then drove off!!! I reported him to the police they say it happens several times a day in Oxford and isn't worth following up unless your injured. :eek:

so yes even so called 'professional' drivers can hit people, bikes etc and not even notice AND drive off.

Plod-------helpful as ever :lol:

im not condonign speeding and feel sorry for the boys famiyl and the pain the little girl is going thru. but if ure young n drive a modified or sports car u becom an easy target. my car snormally end up having quite loud exhaust systems so the ppl in my village assumed i sped thru the village when i dont as i know how dangerous the road is. the lad may of been speeding may of been ou tof control he may of been doin a lot of things but he may of been driving sensibly he may of been in full control of his car an dh emay of done everything he could to stop. ok so he fled the scene but the human brain kicks in ato protect u he may of left as hed didnt know what to do he may of known he kille dthe boy and he may of fled as he couldnt deal with it there he may of been in shock.

what if the driver was a 45yo in a 1'6 focus would the story be different.

ppl like u n me who drive modifiedcars/sports cars or are younfg to be driving the car swe do are easy targets

im sorry to go on but this is how i feel

does anyone have any more facts on this accident? i'd read about it in paper and it is worded badly against the driver but then most accidents are, its why we pay high insurance and why police put up cameras, we like to complain about it but its for a reason! does anyone know if the place it happened on was a street or road or anything?

Wonder if the accident was caught on CCTV? The trouble with the press is that they have to sensationalise everything. True facts become distorted as people make up there own minds based on sometimes incorrect or exaggerated information. And we the public fall for it every time.

I genuinely feel for ALL involved in this tragic accident, and thats exactly what it was. I`m sure the driver never left home thinking `Today i`m going to run someone over`.

And lets all think very carefully....... How many near misses have we had involving other road users and pedestrians.

Thats all i have to say on the subject. :(

;) I just thought I'd say that the info I stated earlier in this thread was from an exclusive interview of Millie (the 13year )by "Central News" not another third party.

As we all know it's only her side of the events, I couldn't find the interview on the central news website

but this is a small report on Midlands Today Website I know it's still not all the facts:

A teenager arrested in connection with the death of a two-year-old Birmingham boy has been released on police bail.

Joshua Berril died in hospital after he was run over in the city by a car which failed to stop.

Police said the white Toyota MR2 dragged Joshua Berrill along Burney Lane in Alum Rock for about 300 yards at around 1910 BST on Wednesday.

An 18-year-old man who was arrested on Thursday has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

Joshua, from Ward End, died in hospital overnight. His aunt Milly Robinson, 13, suffered a broken leg in the incident.

The car involved in the accident was found abandoned in Pan Croft in Bromford.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Nechells police.

----------------------

I just wanna add after calming down a bit, I realise there are still alot of facts missing.

Also the arrested man may have been the registered owner of the vehicle but not the driver hence further inquiries.

I've known kids in my area running cars that are way out there official budget (imo) :huh:

an 18yr old can run high end German/Jap performance cars <_<

But there not the type you'd mess with :(

my 7 year old corolla g6 1.3 cost £800 with 3yrs no claims to insure in Aston,

my 7 year old corolla g6 1.3 cost £800 with 3yrs no claims to insure in Aston,

:eek: I`d move. :(

This is a grim subject isn't it.

My uncle got knocked of his cycle by a HGV about 9 years ago and the driver failed to stop, he spent a year in intensive care in a coma and had to have brain surgery, we were told several times he would not make it, after the 12 months my auntie was asked to decide if it's time to turn off the life support machine and after a lot of thinking she decided to turn it off and hope for the best, amazingly he kept on going and eventually come round again. He cant walk and his memory is screwed up atleast we've still got him. as far as we know the driver of the truck is still out there somewhere and might not even know he's done it. Anyway, my point is it's to early to point blame yet, there might not really be anybody to blame, as somebody has already said the driver of the car is probably in a really bad state and having a nervous breakdown somewhere. there a lots of different ways of looking at this and theories of what happened, maybe the young girl had allowed the child to run out on the road and is in a state of panic about it herself?, maybe the boy tripped and fell into the road? maybe the driver is to blame? we just dont know. I'm glad the parents are expecting another child though, i couldn't cope if i lost mine so atleast they have another baby on the way to give them something to live for and look forward to.

Just my opinion.......

What I did see in the paper yesterday that did make my blood boil was a guy driving a skip lorry, he had never had liscence and had been banned FIVE times for driving... ploughed into the back of a landrover killing the child in the back seat.. hes just got 4 years death by dangerous I think... HE deserves to be locked away and have the key thrown away :ffs:

an 18yr old can run high end German/Jap performance cars
.. nothing wrong with young guys in decent cars!! I got my first soarer twin turbo at 17...

-I'm about to make the last payment to clear the subsequent debt this week... at 22 :lol:

What I meant was the high performance cars in my area will cost an absolute bomb to run legitimately if registered in the area and I know some of them do it. But a few too many don't bother with the legit way.

But When my parents wanted to put me on their insurance at 18yrs old the lowest quote was £4000 with an excess of £400. that was 10 years ago on a H-reg Celica GT4 (pre Sainz) model.

I have to second-guess accidents like this for a living guys - you simply don't have enough information to work with. None of us have any idea who did what wrong and how.

Ignore the press - they print things so far removed from the truth it ought to be a criminal offence. I'm a skydiver and you wouldn't believe how much they get wrong when reporting about my sport. The first post on a thread like this on the skydiver forum I frequent would have been about the press distorting things again as usual. Our community has huge problems with the press and my opinion of them sunk to an all time low when I had to deal with them this time last year.

Every skydiving incident according to the press happens because "the parachute failed to open". That's like saying "the car crashed because it hit the wall" - the analogy can be even more inaccurate depending on the incident. Just say no to the press! They're useless at reporting technical detail or at reporting facts in an unbiased manner. That goes for even respected newspapers too.

For what it's worth the appropriate charges would be one or more of:

Causing death by dangerous driving (up to 10 years imprisonment – unlimited fine)

Dangerous driving (up to 2 years imprisonment – unlimited fine)

Failing to stop (up to 6 months imprisonment – up to £5000 fine)

The driver will be charged with at least failing to stop – regardless of his excuse you simply cannot drive off after an accident. Proving that you didn’t realise you were involved in an accident is a defence, but it’ll be near impossible to show given that the driver subsequently abandoned the vehicle. The others depend on exactly who did what wrong and by what degree. As I said, it’s impossible to call from the press report alone.

do agree that kids do run out in frount of cars if fact round here they walk out in front of you and give you the bird if you beep your horn.

however he should have stopped the little boy may have survived if he had. regardess of wether it was human instincts or not he could still have handed himself in when what had happend dawned on him.

that said just cos the car wasnt reported stolen dosnt mean that it wasnt. for all we know the owner could be on holiday etc therefor it wouldnt be reported till they get back.

This is a very sad and unfortunate case. As we have all said, we cannot pre-judge as we do not know the facts. How many of us have travelled between 40-50mph in a 40 zone?

A few years back I was driving home from a friends house in a Sierra Sapphire( :ph34r: )1.8L - not exactly a boy racers car and I was in my late 20's.

49mph in a 40 zone on a country A-road 3pm sunny day no drink or drugs. Suddenly an elderly gentleman stepped out from the bushes and I hit the brakes and horn as you do. The car locked up (no abs) and I realised I was going to hit him so took avoiding action by releasing the brakes and swerving between oncoming traffic. Unfortunately as it happened so fast it was too late and I hit him hard over the top of the car.

Long story shorter. The gentleman was seriously injured - broken legs punctured lungs etc and was in intensive care but eventually pulled through, albeit with a lesser quality of life. I was treated very badly by people at the scene even though most hadn't seen what happened and as a first aider was doing everything I could for him.

The Police investigated and charged me with driving without due care and attention as I was travelling at 49mph and had I been ay 40 it was proved that I would have stopped in time.

I had a rough time with my conscience for some time, still do as the gentleman died 2 years later but it goes to show how easily these things happen.

I understand shock and panic but my thoughts were immediately to do what I could to help and the shock came later.

That's my experience, we will have to wait and see what the drivers excuse was.