Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor for Toyota Yaris D4D 2004

Ciccio

Hello,

I am trying to figure out which one is the part number of the Pedal Position Sensor for my Toyota Yaris D4D 2004.

The PEDAL ASSY, ACCELERATOR Genuine Toyota part is 7801052021, but I need to replace just the position sensor in that pedal and I am struggling to find the correct part of it. 

Could please anyone help?

Thanks a lot

you will not find the sensor it is a complete unit

not sure where you got that part number from, the part in the car or by VIN?

is the car a JT or VNK VIN?

7801052021 is the pedal code which is this one

image.thumb.png.fed7b8a878b79b2e61629894fb465303.png

Which has a sensor I have found now to be  probably this one 

image.thumb.png.6b5bc1b887c9a041eafd9c7612f466bd.png

I wish someone could confirm it is the correct one to use

If you're replacing it because you got an error about a sensor reading mismatch or something along those lines and the car going into limp mode, we had the same problem with ours but managed to fix it just by spraying the heck out of it with electrical switch/contact cleaner :laugh: 

• Like 1

Yes exactly that is my problem, I got the p1121 error code and I had been told to replace the sensor.

I am happy to know you fixed the problem just using a contact cleaner, definitively I will try the same.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Like 1

It was actually the AA person that did it when my brother's Mk1 D4D went into limp mode, and it was enough to get him home, then it happened again a few months later so we took the whole pedal assembly out and sprayed every bit that looked electrical that we could get at with contact cleaner (We basically didn't know what we were doing so took the nuclear approach :laugh: ) then left it to dry; It was fine after that for a few years before he had to scrap it due to the front and rear subframes rusting through. Was a sad day for our trusty steed to go!

One of the best cars Toyota ever made IMHO! I still miss my one... :sad: (Damn you KHAAAAAAAN!) 

I would help you further but I require your VIN

Don't rely on website diagrams as a lot of sites just use a generic image

be aware LHD and RHD use different pedals, it could be French or Japanese built

• Like 1

see the N 3 in that diagram that means the sensor is not supplied on its own due to maintaining the function/quality of the part (in other words they don't want you messing with the calibration)

7801052021 is for an LHD, Japanese-built diesel, so you are not in Dublin as per your profile, Italy maybe

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links