Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


  • Join Toyota Owners Club

    Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

     

     

New Mk2 C-HR Owners


ninanina
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am in the market to buy a C-HR

I was thinking about the Mk1 but my local dealer has an ex-demonstrator of the new shape Mk2 available which I’m interested in 

Having already driven both I think I prefer the newer version as I found it a little bit quieter than the Mk1

Trouble is that I haven’t seen any Mk2’s on the road yet so I’m guessing they are not very popular and wondered why that is 

Are there any new C-HR owners on here and if so what do you think of it?  Any problems etc?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Trouble is that I haven’t seen any Mk2’s on the road yet so I’m guessing they are not very popular and wondered why that is 

They are quite new and very expensive (for the size of car that they are) - but then all new cars are expensive these days. You'll see a lot more on the road by this time next year. (The mk 1 was launched in 2016 so there are quite a few to be seen ...)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are not selling well due to the price...most of them are over 40k so fall in to the higher road tax.

Also they are being very heavily discounted via brokers so if you are looking for one even an ex demo i would be wanting 6-8k off the list price when new.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

They are quite new and very expensive (for the size of car that they are) - but then all new cars are expensive these days. You'll see a lot more on the road by this time next year. (The mk 1 was launched in 2016 so there are quite a few to be seen ...)

Thanks Philip 

Maybe that is the reason why I don’t see any 

I do see lots of Mk1’s on the road, even a couple of taxis 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MC1216 said:

They are not selling well due to the price...most of them are over 40k so fall in to the higher road tax.

Also they are being very heavily discounted via brokers so if you are looking for one even an ex demo i would be wanting 6-8k off the list price when new.

The ex demo one is a Design spec with panoramic roof and it’s up for £31k

I have priced up a new one (Design) excluding pan roof for just over £32k via Carwow so I’m hoping that the ex demo one is flexible price wise. I think it’s done 3k miles 

With most Toyota’s I would normally get a higher spec car but it seems that the Design spec C-HR has everything I need so there’s no need to spend more and I’m not fussed about having the bi-tone colour either 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Has anyone driven both Mk’s? Am I right in saying that the Mk2 seems a bit quieter and maybe a little more comfortable as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took delivery of my C-HR Mk2 three weeks ago and have to say I am very impressed. The car is smoother and quieter than my previous Yaris Cross - prior to that I had a Corolla saloon and I think, all in all, the C-HR is just a bit nicer and 'better' than the Corolla, although that is just my opinion of course. Here in Ireland, the cars have slightly different specifications, (and names), to the UK versions. Mine is the 'Sol' version, which seems to be very similar to the Excel. I have only seen one other so far and that was a few days before I picked mine up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dannyboy413 said:

I took delivery of my C-HR Mk2 three weeks ago and have to say I am very impressed. The car is smoother and quieter than my previous Yaris Cross - prior to that I had a Corolla saloon and I think, all in all, the C-HR is just a bit nicer and 'better' than the Corolla, although that is just my opinion of course. Here in Ireland, the cars have slightly different specifications, (and names), to the UK versions. Mine is the 'Sol' version, which seems to be very similar to the Excel. I have only seen one other so far and that was a few days before I picked mine up.

Thanks David 

How are you finding the MPG in your new C-HR… while I’m sure it’s not as good as your previous YC hopefully it’s not too bad 

Do you have the 1.8 or 2.0 version 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ninanina

Hi Bev, the car is the 1.8 version. Plenty powerful enough for me, bearing in mind that I do most of my driving on relative slow, (20-40 mph), country roads - although I can get up to 60 mph on one stretch of road when I do the weekly shopping! 😊. The car display regularly shows a mpg figure of around 65 - 70 and, whilst I have not had it long enough to get meaningful figures on my spreadsheet yet, the last tank did 65.89mpg. Surprisingly, the Yaris Cross average mpg was 62.15 over the year that I had it! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dannyboy413 said:

@ninanina

Hi Bev, the car is the 1.8 version. Plenty powerful enough for me, bearing in mind that I do most of my driving on relative slow, (20-40 mph), country roads - although I can get up to 60 mph on one stretch of road when I do the weekly shopping! 😊. The car display regularly shows a mpg figure of around 65 - 70 and, whilst I have not had it long enough to get meaningful figures on my spreadsheet yet, the last tank did 65.89mpg. Surprisingly, the Yaris Cross average mpg was 62.15 over the year that I had it! 

That’s amazing mpg figures especially for such a nice sized comfy car 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WLTP figures give a fairly realistic estimate of what consumption will be - so 57.6 - 60.1 mpg for the 1.8, and 57.6 mpg for the 2.0. As ever individuals will enjoy better or worse figures as appropriate to their usage profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Similar mpg figures compared to my Prius so that can’t be a bad thing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope this answers the mpg with a 1.8 icon. 

IMG_6808.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope this answers the mpg with a 1.8 icon. 
only issue I have is that when receiving messages I can’t reply via Apple play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 minutes ago, Big-H said:

Hope this answers the mpg with a 1.8 icon. 
only issue I have is that when receiving messages I can’t reply via Apple play. 

Thanks Martin for your mpg figures, they look great 

The Apple CarPlay issue is strange but it wouldn’t be enough to put me off 

Just wondered if you’ve driven the old shape version and if so how would you compare them as I’m pretty sure the new one is more comfortable and quieter 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ninanina said:

I am in the market to buy a C-HR

I was thinking about the Mk1 but my local dealer has an ex-demonstrator of the new shape Mk2 available which I’m interested in 

Having already driven both I think I prefer the newer version as I found it a little bit quieter than the Mk1

Trouble is that I haven’t seen any Mk2’s on the road yet so I’m guessing they are not very popular and wondered why that is 

Are there any new C-HR owners on here and if so what do you think of it?  Any problems etc?

We had a first generation 2.0 Excel which was a nice car , currently have the 2.0 Premiere Edition. I’ve posted quite a bit about the car and MPG in other posts in the forum. It’s undeniable the new model is more expensive than the first generation, but it’s a way better car in every area and 10 years of development are very noticeable.  The only downside is there are a lot of features to get used to and it took me several days sitting on the drive working through the dash displays. Apple Car play works very well and easy to set up. In short we’re very happy and with a great looking car that’s a pleasure to drive. Andy 😎

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All good information shared here. The truth about new cars is that they are way too expensive 40+% on average in comparison to 2019, and this is for all new and used cars. I believe it’s not just chr but any model of Toyota barely seen with 24 reg . People have no money to spend on cars and those who still can afford are downsizing because of that reason and the most popular models that still sells well are Yaris and Yaris cross. Probably Aygo x are doing ok.
Now it’s the time Toyota to bring back petrol manual option like on the other eu markets. They sell very good and make sense especially when everything is so expensive and people are short of cash. Bevs are heading towards Battery gate and total ban before ice. As it is obvious now Battery can not be recycled completely. 

This is for USA but the picture in uk it’s very similar 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know that the next car is going to be expensive but I am seeing it as a very long term purchase and possibly even my last car so over time it will make good financial sense I think 

Which is why I am considering the latest C-HR 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TonyHSD I have noticed that a used Toyota Yaris Cross loses a lot less money than a Chr. Friend has just traded in his 1 year old 1.8 Chr to Even Beagell for 50% less than he paid for it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chas G said:

@TonyHSD I have noticed that a used Toyota Yaris Cross loses a lot less money than a Chr. Friend has just traded in his 1 year old 1.8 Chr to Even Beagell for 50% less than he paid for it.

Yaris Cross is a more practical vehicle that is in demand on the used market plus its still a current production vehicle. 

First generation C-HR has a much smaller audience due to the design compromises plus it's now considered obsolete due to the second generation version being available. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

“Bevs” are heading towards battery gate and total ban before ice

That’s me…..🤣🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ninanina said:

I know that the next car is going to be expensive but I am seeing it as a very long term purchase and possibly even my last car so over time it will make good financial sense I think 

Which is why I am considering the latest C-HR 

This could be our last  petrol powered car and as we do less than 10k miles a year the 10 year warranty on a very nicely specced car makes this a good long term car 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They can't ban Bev! She only just joined the forum!! :fear: :laugh: 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2024 at 6:10 PM, ninanina said:

Has anyone driven both Mk’s? Am I right in saying that the Mk2 seems a bit quieter and maybe a little more comfortable as well?

We've just traded our 2021 Excel 2.0 mk1 for a 1.8 Design mk2.  We still have a 2021 Orange Edition 2.0 mk1 for ongoing comparison.

Not had the new one long enough for a comprehensive report but early thoughts are:

It feels a bit less spacious inside, I think partly due to the fence between the centre console and the passenger leg space.

The seating position is a bit different, but it might just be lack of full adjustment the electric seats offered in our mk1's.  The seats have more extreme bolstering on the base and sides so might annoy those with a larger frame, or perhaps carry a wallet in a back pocket etc.

Engine/padding/cabin quieter, but in my experience of Toyotas in recent years they get a bit noisier as they age.

Engine kicks in less.  The difference in power between the 2.0 and the new 1.8 during normal driving is hardly noticeable but it gets noisy quicker when driven a bit more heavy footed.  Fuel economy so far beats the 2.0.

It looks much newer inside.  The customisable dash and the big screen are nice but the constant dings from the road sign recognition are a pain, as is the lane depart system.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2024 at 5:54 PM, MC1216 said:

They are not selling well due to the price...most of them are over 40k so fall in to the higher road tax.

Also they are being very heavily discounted via brokers so if you are looking for one even an ex demo i would be wanting 6-8k off the list price when new.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share








×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership