Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance @ 21?

Cally007

Ok is anyone on here insured on an mr2 turbo @ 21? if so who with and what do you pay? Since I have having a huge ammount of bother surcing an n/a i am considering the turbo route now and need to see if I can get insurance first.

I did a search but didnt return anything and i wasnt looking through hundreds of posts to try find bits of info.

any help would be great!

erm.. 2 things

1 - how long have you held your licence?

2 - You think it will be easier to pick up a decect tubby as oppesed to a decent N/A?? :blink:

estimated guess £ 1600 , tpft , i may be wrong.

4 years with 2 years ncb (drove my mums car b4 that)

In the time I have been looking I have seen lots of turbos forsale its stranage.

I would also be hoping to go fully comp.

4 years with 2 years ncb (drove my mums car b4 that)

In the time I have been looking I have seen lots of turbos forsale its stranage.

I would also be hoping to go fully comp.

defo try Dorset Insurance!...

you should be able to get Fully comp for max £1500.... :thumbsup:

nice one (crosses fingers) Got a number for them?

anyone actually insured at 21 or am i dreaming?

would I have to join mr2oc before i get a quote? or could i ask for a quote if i "was" a member then if they quote become a member?

i got a quote from them.. and just mentioned i was a member.. and thats all they needed to know..

sweet will give it a bash tommorrow! Still got a month left on my current insurance though which is a pain, and as far as i know you cant transfer it can you?

Named driver under my dad who has 5+no claims and 3 points (parking). I have 6 points (2xSP30's) and 0 no claims bonus

£1021 TPF&T with tesco, however they've stopped insuring under 25's since february along with a lot of other insurance companies

Just this night i heard good things about a company called Liverpool and Victoria, their number is 0800272333 (short number but its correct apparently). Also try a company called Adrian Flux.

Since I have having a huge ammount of bother surcing an n/a i am considering the turbo route now

I'm confused.

Also,

My ex-girlfriend pays 2k a year as a named driver on her Rev2 tubby and she is 19. Dont fancy that much!

I see more turbos forsale than I do n/a. quite simple to understand really. Also it means i wont modify an n/a then realise i want a turbo later and have to do an engine swap.

Dorset was closed today, so I filled in their online form and will let yous know the outcome when I hear back from them.

Dorset SHOULD cover you mate. I would say about £1500 fully comp, maybe slightly more.

Dorset are good... but not like what they used to be. Don't go mod crazy as they won't cover you again come renewal date..... :angry:

speaking from experiance are we? I will be doing bodywork and wheels suspension, exhaust etc. but leaving the the engine pretty standard until i finish uni as i cant afford to hear it got bang! lol

why not get it insured in your dads name with u as a second driver, this should bring it right down, then for your no claims find a cheap fiat panda and insure it in your name for cheap as chips! say its gonna be in garage for social use only covering less than 1000 miles a year to bring it right down.

Thank you for your enquiry. Based upon the information disclosed, we are able to indicate a premium of £3707.89 with 2 years unprotected bonus.

Cover is Comprehensive subject to excesses of £600 for accidental damage, fire and theft and £50 for windscreen.

OUCH!!! Anyone know how people got insured at 21 for a reasonable ammount??

trouble with that is that u dont build up ur no claims. mt insurance is rocketing down now i have 4 yrs no claims it may ost u a bit more now but will be cheaper for u in the long run.

and try flux

i hate to say this but if u pay max power the do a max driver scheme bit like pass plus and if u go with adrian flux it knocks something like 25% off ur insurance

my dad doesnt have any ncb tho as he has had a company car for about 20 years, he is an old git tho pushing 50. I am fairly shocked at the wanting almost 4000 bucks tho, thats gonna be the same price as the car if i get one lol.