Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

N/a Mods

mr2nut123

heard you can get n/a's to 200bhp,...

dont know how, guess with a fair bit of wod, lol 

love my 2 to be 200bhp...

am a fair bit of it though! 

do exhausts really make a difference liike???

The car in question is my mates car.

its a rev 3 with the more powerful engine.

He has a dastek chip, custom built exhaust and de-cat pipe

and an after market air filter.

Mine still beats it off the mark though :D

don't think its THE car in question, loads of people have 190 - 200bhp n/a's

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• mr2nut123

• midmotorsteve

• dawolf

Rico has a mate who has a 200bhp n/a.

But tbh don't expect to get too much from a n/a. You'll get a lot more for your money if you were to tune a turbo.

:thumbsup:

It's where you break a stud (or more than one!) in the manifold/downpipe connection and the two parts warp due to the heat. Yep, it's N/A specific as far as I can see (turbo has different exhaust manifold obviously). I've about 4 mates that it's happened to as well, but we're all lazy buggers (which was the cause!) I've decided to sort it once and for all by butchering the manifold and rewelding (my way!). Ta to everyone who replied. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I don't get onto the net a lot due to bloomin work! Keep 'er lit!

just for those who were askin about what a decat exhaust does for HP gains.. mines' a 1999 rev 5.. sho actually doen on power to start with than rev 3's... and mine was RR'd 1st august at 185.9

all i've done is apexi induction, Hayward and Scott custom decat exhaust...

but it's pulling 1.4 G in first when i turn the noz on and does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds too... (the above BHP stat was without noz by the way) .. :thumbsup:

still saving for a tubby conversion in the meantime. B)

just for those who were askin about what a decat exhaust does for HP gains.. mines' a 1999 rev 5.. sho actually doen on power to start with than rev 3's... and mine was RR'd 1st august at 185.9

Sorry to be a skeptic but I doubt very much that you'd get an extra 30bhp just from an induction kit and custom exhaust :ph34r:

Sorry to be a skeptic but I doubt very much that you'd get an extra 30bhp just from an induction kit and custom exhaust :ph34r:

...on an N/A? No way. On a tubby, maybe.

But its a Rev 5 so it started with 168 bhp, thats a difference of about 17 bhp not 30.

i'd be surprise if it was anything less, n/as react better than turbos to induction kits, and all n/as make more than quoted out of the factory. mad cavs was dyno'd at about 190bhp with the same mods , don't know what brand..

u seem to know ur stuff steve, how much extra bhp wud an induction kit make to an n/a? also how much wud a straight thru twin exhaust make?

Yeah 17bhp sounds more realistic, that's a pretty good increase still.

I've always thought turbo's respond better than N/A's to induction kits, basically because they have more power to begin with and freeflowing air is more important (back pressure is less important in turbo's).

O.k. power graphs in hand...............

My standard car had

135.5(ft.lb.) torque and 171.5b.h.p. @7000rpm

With a £15 induction kit and de-catted exhaust

140.7(ft.lb.) torque and 185.9b.h.p. @7000rpm

With a dastek unichip added

150.6(ft.lb.) torque and 200.4b.h.p. @7500rpm

I've always thought turbo's respond better than N/A's to induction kits, basically because they have more power to begin with and freeflowing air is more important (back pressure is less important in turbo's).

The thing is that when the turbos spooling it sucks a hell of a lot of air itself which means it doesnt matter whether the air intake is restrictive or not, the turbocharger will still pull the air through like a !Removed!. In an N/A engine the only thing pulling the air through the intake is engine vacuum (which is of course far less powerful than turbocharger sucky sucky 5$) and so a less restrictive air intake will always help an N/A engine :hokus-pokus:

With a dastek unichip added

150.6(ft.lb.) torque and 200.4b.h.p. @7500rpm

Silly question time ( Sorry :wacko: )

Doe's anyone know where I can get one and the cost :thumbsup:

DASTEK

Visit the above site. It's handy for me as Dastek UK are actually based in Fife, Scotland !! ... :D

If you give them a call they will be able to help you out as to where you can get one fitted and mapped.

DASTEK

Visit the above site. It's handy for me as Dastek UK are actually based in Fife, Scotland !! ... :D

If you give them a call they will be able to help you out as to where you can get one fitted and mapped.

THANKS Jim... :thumbsup:

I take back 1/2 I said about you...

The good 1/2 :P :P

I personally would not bother...

If you want a fast mr2, get a turbo, or transplant a turbo engine into your car and modify that. Why spenda fortune modding an N/A so that it might eventually be as fast as a turbo???? My mr2 is an n/a, and I'll not be modifying it..

the beauty of haveing a na that is as quick as a turbo is that the power is there at all times not suddenly hitting in when you go on boost, no one on here use nitro ? anyone everthought of putting a s`charger on an mr2 instead ??

that's why I said give them a call. The number is at the bottom of the site page.

They've changed the site recently by the looks of it. Probably not quite finished.

I have nitrous on my twin turbo ;) I also have 2 n/a cars, and I know what I prefer!!!

Toyota did a supercharged Mr2 as standard :thumbsup:

On a well setup turbo car you will not experiance notable lag... go out in a 1JZ-GTE engine'd car and you'll see!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links