Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red Goes Dead

Steve

Why do Red cars always fade in the sun?

Seen loads of red cars with faded bonnets and top of wings etc!

Dont say that your getting me scared :o

jerry!!

talking years not months mate, as long as you look after the paintwork then you will be fine, its the unwashed/unpolished cars that seem to have problems.

dan

Hi dan well i have no problems with that as sunday is wash day every weekend thats the 2 of them.

jerry!!

cheers mate, about 10.30 ish ok for you?? do you throw in dinner?

dan :P

Dinners fine if your up for it :D

jerry!!

The only red car I've ever had faded. (About 5 yrs old)

Faded to a 'nice' orangey yellowy erm 'colour'.

Also red cars are difficult to colour match, as the batches all tend to be different.

Oh and black cars are mostly metallic now because it helps the paint to be harder and less prone to chipping.

...mine of useless information me.

Oh and all paint is now a lot softer since EEC regs made everyone take the lead out of paint and made them more water soluble. Thats why they don't do light metallics blue Volvos anymore.....

...blah blah blah :D :D :D

take a look at my met black bonnet if you want to see stone chips!!!

dan

My husband sprays cars for a living. He says red orange type colour cars will fade quicker but if you make sure you keep the car wax up it should help. He naggs me all the time to wax my car at least once a month.

Kaz

Maybe you could get a colour protection shampoo and conditioner ;) :P :D

And stone chips on the bonnet can be caused by erm driving too close to the car in front!! :P :D :lol:

My husband sprays cars for a living. He says red orange type colour cars will fade quicker but if you make sure you keep the car wax up it should help. He naggs me all the time to wax my car at least once a month.

Kaz

Hi Kaz

Does your husband have his own business?

I need my bonnet and boot doing :(

Mine seems ok apart from the rear spoiler, does anyone have any tips about good colour restorers on plastics?

Hi

My husband Ken recommends Armarall to restore the colour.

He has a garage in Wooford Green area best sprayer I've ever seen and I'm not just saying that becouse he's my husband. He really is excellent !!

Kaz

my red corolla is now a rather unattractive shade of pink in some places but what the hell i cant be ubikd to wash it cuz its getting broken up for the engine and stuff when the mot runs out

B)

Hi

My husband Ken recommends Armarall to restore the colour.

He has a garage in Wooford Green area best sprayer I've ever seen and I'm not just saying that becouse he's my husband. He really is excellent !!

Kaz

I am looking for someone to respray my bonnet and boot as the last person who sprayed it before i bought it must like oranges or something!

Not bothered even having the wings flicked as I am looking for a nice finish but matching the wings is not so important as such.

Mine's fine, 12 years old and only fading on the rear spoiler (typical) and the join of the front lip which is common amongst old Mk2 MR2's will need to get it sorted at some point as will need to replace bodkyit soon as it's begging to show how haggard it really is with age :(

I have to say one of two things that gets me down about the Yaris is the paintwork - it's *******! It chips so easily its untrue, and when it does chip you can see why - its so thin!

Debs was right about how you get stone chips though - driving too close to the person in front, driving too close to the gutter side of the road, or to close to the middle of the road, driving anywhere near lorries or trucks, overtaking over hash marks on the road, stones a gravel always builds up on these unused bits of the road - by far the worst and usually the most unavoidable is the cheap and nasty re-surfacing technique they use when they drop stones on top of wet tar so they are all flicking up for ages afterwards.

Steve.

i have to over take on a daily basis or my moter complanes and gets in a huff....

dan