Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing

Bobby-H

Mr T has just quoted me £170 to service my 2. When I asked what was included they said - an oil change, oil filter and a safety check (whatever that is) oh, they also wash the car. Is it me or is that a :censor: expensive oil change???

What do you lot do, go to Mr T. or take your 2 somewhere else?

that is expensive...

they should wash the car for free and do the visual safety check for free also.

No way should an oil and filter change cost you £170 !!

interesting point my mr2 came with full stamped sh from toyota garages i do my services as well, but i keep all the receipts so people can see - i know its nice to have the stamp but as long as people see you have done everything regularly i dont think i makes a whole lot of difference

For the extra you pay each time for servicing at a main dealer... you won't get it back when you sell the car! Make your choice. Besides... I've told the other guys before, I have a mate who works for a different brand dealership and when people take in good oil for their car, the grease monkeys keep it for themselves and put their cr@p stuff in! How are you going to test for that?!

For the extra you pay each time for servicing at a main dealer... you won't get it back when you sell the car! Make your choice. Besides... I've told the other guys before, I have a mate who works for a different brand dealership and when people take in good oil for their car, the grease monkeys keep it for themselves and put their cr@p stuff in! How are you going to test for that?!

Yeah, you're probably right, maybe I'll do it myself and just keep the receipts.

Millway - nice and close and a courtesy car too ..

They also know the MR2 VERY well, have a dyno, give Gold discount and are a genuine bunch of blokes ..

I'd do my own services but I don't know how to do the 'other bits & pieces' - it's mostly just checks though, but I probably can't manage that never mind what to do if they need replacing/topping-up or whatever.

I do change the oil and oil filter between my yearly services though :) and I also can change brake discs & pads & fluid - brake fluid is supposed to be changed every 2 years - Mr T have never done it in any of my services so I did it myself.

As I say, if I knew how to check for knackered wheel bearings etc etc etc I'd do it all myself.

sorry to say this but i recently bought my mr2 and the final reason i decided that it was the one was because of a full T service history i had seen one simular but without it for a couple of hundred less but decided on this one.

so it does count for a few hundred even if it to a novice like me

when i bought my car it had semi service history with mrt and the bits that werent mrt were from lexus garage...

engine died at 107,000 miles :(

The only time i took it to toyota they broke serveral bolts and then then charge me £200 i had a very close look at it and all i can see they did was change the oil, all the broke bolts were on the exhaust manifold heat sheild as they said they needed to take it off to change the oil,.... they don't by the way. :angry::angry:

Tricky one. I have only put mine through one service since having it, and decided to use Mr T as I was new to the city and didnt know a local garage. Stupidly expensive, bout £250 :eek: Dont think I will bother again, will try and source a reliable local. But my service history osnt all Mr T so wont be breaking a cycle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links