Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Has Redlined In Final Gear?

qwertyuiop

Anyone redlined in 5th/final gear?

What speed were you doing?

Where abouts were you?

Did you feel the car had more to offer?

I was getting very close to it but I got scared because of the stupid speed I was already doing.

I was on the M1... not gonna say what speed I was doing as some people have very strong views about speeding etc.

*Hand ..

Was going "fast" on a "private" road and it was on good boost in 5th .. needs a 6th to cog it down again ..

*Hand ..

Was going "fast" on a "private" road and it was on good boost in 5th .. needs a 6th to cog it down again ..

Ditto...

Although not redlining it... i got to 6800rpm...

Is everyone blind ??

Those who havent .. naff off :P

Is everyone blind ??

Those who havent .. naff off :P

i stand corrected.... :P :bye:

I was getting very close to it but I got scared because of the stupid speed I was already doing.

I was on the M1... not gonna say what speed I was doing as some people have very strong views about speeding etc.

go on spill the beans :yes: would be interesting to know what they can do (especially a almost nothing standard like yours)

160mph (ish) is tops on stock 3sgte 5speed gearbox on the rev limiter if i remember correctly

go on spill the beans :yes: would be interesting to know what they can do (especially a almost nothing standard like yours)

Well it will be the same as the rest of the MR2's with no mods to the gearing....

All cars are limited by this factor no matter how much power you got...

155mph at santa pod. i went all the way down to the last exit. :P

the gearbox is limited to 155mph but the 300+ ponies help you get there alot quicker ;)

yeps 155mph due to gearing, id say theyre capable of far more though since they pull strongly to redline even in 5th

AFAI the top speed that can be achieved with the factory gearbox is about 158 MPH.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

sweet :thumbsup:

AFAI the top speed that can be achieved with the factory gearbox is about 158 MPH.

sounds about right cause I think my old jap tyre sizes were about 5% out on the RR ..

I did that this week at 0mph.. just put the car onto axel stands and floor it. Hope that it doesnt come off tho at 5th gear redline!!!

I did that this week at 0mph.. just put the car onto axel stands and floor it. Hope that it doesnt come off tho at 5th gear redline!!!

Aah man, I wouldn't dare do that.... what if it fell off!?

its not that Jim..

think of it like this..

Your admitting, in a place where anyone can read (including the authorities) - to doing something that could, potentially, mean a jail sentance..

the GOLD forums are the place to discuss, erm, those little digressions ;)

Anythin like that on the net is viewed as bragging though since noone can prove it even though he said it (i.e. jimlad might only have been goin as fast as a granny :P ) . It's impossible for authorities to use anythin like that on forums as evidence.

funny that last night i robbed the local post office dressed as adam ant , then sped off in my rolls royce , doing 110 mph in a 30.today i'm giving all the money away in my local tesco's , have a good day. :thumbsup:

Anythin like that on the net is viewed as bragging though since noone can prove it even though he said it (i.e. jimlad might only have been goin as fast as a granny :P ) . It's impossible for authorities to use anythin like that on forums as evidence.

that wasnt the point i was trying to make... ;)

but yeah.. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links